• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a Mohawk Lift "contact"

Hi there,

I've been looking for a lift and finally decided on a "Mohawk". I'm looking for a "contact" who can get me a good deal on a model "A-7". If you are, know of a contact who can work with me on getting a good deal, please send me a PM.

Please don't try to change my mind. From the research I've done, Mohawk seems to be the best (and also the most expensive).

Yep, already contacted a area dealer but it seems that his prices are at the extreme (upper) end of the $ range. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I Grok NSX said:
Please don't try to change my mind. From the research I've done, Mohawk seems to be the best (and also the most expensive).

I'm never one to try and change someone's mind >*evil snicker*< but is this going to be for everyday use in a commercial shop or for occasional use in your private garage?

This lift will be for personal use. But just because it's for my use in my garage doesn't mean it will be used once every three months when I change the oil or other minor maintenance.

I was a professional auto mechanic and a jet engine mechanic for more than 15 years. I do work for neighbors (well, not around here yet as I'm still new to the area and have met only one neighbor) friends, family, and, well, you get the idea. Will I use the lift as much as a typical service garage? No, not by a stretch. Do I like to purchase the very best that I can afford? Yep, it's a bad habit, but then again, that is why I own an NSX! I could have bought a Corvette, but wanting the very best (that I could afford)......:biggrin: .

I know where you are going with your inquiry, and I can appreciate it. Thanks for your concern. It's just a sickness I have :eek: .

MGM Equipment is the rep for AZ. Speak to Mike Green.
Mike is at 1-480-777-0777
www.mgmequipmentsource.com

Rich Latonmia is the Mohawk rep. for California.
Rich is at 1-559-908-3131

I have purchased Mohawk Lifts from both men and they are both great guys to work with. If they are not the reps for your part of the country I am sure they can tell you who to contact.

The Mohawk lifts are worth every $. By far the best product on the market IMO.

Take it Easy,

Chris

You can't price shop Mohawk because only your rep in that region can sell it to you. If price in an issue you can look for a used one but it will be beat to hell and still cost more than a competitive lift from another manufacturer.

I was planning on Mohawk (in fact I built my garage to the specs supplied by my Mohawk rep) but settled on Rotary because the Mohawk guy wouldn't budge on price. In fact I couldn't find anyone in the lift biusiness (who sold commercial grade lifts) who would move on price. Maybe it's just my part of the country. Who knows.

Back