• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a quality San Antonio area paint shop

Howdy fellow south Texas Primers!

It's time. I cannot put this off any longer. I need to get my NSX's front end and side mirrors resprayed but don't want to take her just anywhere. Can anyone around these parts recommend a good paint/body shop?

Thanks!

Brett

Howdy fellow south Texas Primers!

It's time. I cannot put this off any longer. I need to get my NSX's front end and side mirrors resprayed but don't want to take her just anywhere. Can anyone around these parts recommend a good paint/body shop?

Thanks!

Brett

Hey Brett, I just had my front bumper reprayed and the two holes where the Acura "A" was, filled in for around $320. I got the work done at

http://www.autocrafters-collision.com/

Ask for Chris. I took my bumper off and took it to him, paint matches almost perfect. Hope this helps

Brent,

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give Chris a call. Was there a particular reason you brought the front end to him vice bringing him the car? Do you suppose there was a significant savings in doing it that way or do you not trust anyone with your NSX? :wink:

Thanks again,

Brett

Brent,

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give Chris a call. Was there a particular reason you brought the front end to him vice bringing him the car? Do you suppose there was a significant savings in doing it that way or do you not trust anyone with your NSX? :wink:

Thanks again,

Brett

There was a $200 dollar savings taking the bumper to him, and also I like the comfort of my NSX in my garage, not someone elses. :wink: I dont even like leaving it in a parking lot, while i am shopping.. haha. Give me a ring if you need any help, i will be glad to help

There was a $200 dollar savings taking the bumper to him, and also I like the comfort of my NSX in my garage, not someone elses. :wink: I dont even like leaving it in a parking lot, while i am shopping.. haha. Give me a ring if you need any help, i will be glad to help
Removing the bumper is really the best way. This allows you to seperate the top/bottom for a better quality job. On the other hand, removing the mirrors requires door panel removal which is a PITA but I recently did this and it was worth the extra time/effort.

Davidf, is also correct on this aspect. But we wont have to worry about separating the upper and lower, the shop takes care of it all.

Brent,

Thanks for the recommendation. I got the front end back on the car last weekend and the paint is a spot on match! Looks tons better! I'll definitely be using these guys for future cosmetic issues.

Thanks again,

Brett

Back