• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for advice from Ferrari owners...

JAM

Contributing Member
I am looking for opinions mainly from current/past Ferrari 355 or 456 owners who have also owned or do own an NSX. I have owned a few (308QV, 328, 88TR, 348TB) and I am looking for another newer (95-98) model. I would like to know your opinions on the 355 and the 456 GT as far as the drive/enjoy/maintance side of them in relation to the X. I know the maintenance is more continuous and costly, but I am looking to see what actual owners have to say about the newer F cars. I would like to buy one in the next month or so, before the weather in the NE breaks and the market goes back up. This is not a replacement to the NSX, just another toy. Thoughts and info please!:)

car

a friend of mine had a ninety five spider and it was too exspensive for him to drive arround to repair, I would get one even though the interior is oogly

I too have been considering getting a 355 or 360. I would suggest you go over to www.FerrariChat.com and read and learn as much as you can. Lots of false info about the maint. of these cars. Good thread a few days ago about the valve guide issues that have concerned many a buyer/seller in the 355 model.

While I have never owned a F-car, it appears that 355's are taking the biggest hits in depreciation and speculation is that they will level off in the next 18 months. Also, the 4xx model will be introduced and that will effect pricing of early 360's.

Good luck :)

You likely already know of Doug Hayashi's F355 experiences on the NSX-Files but thought I'd mention it just in case. Quote from chapter 50..."It is like having a wife who is a bi-polar, psychotic, nymphomaniac Victoria Secret lingerie model, in a drug rehab program, with multiple personalities, that you happen to fall in love with."

CokerRat said:
Quote from chapter 50..."It is like having a wife who is a bi-polar, psychotic, nymphomaniac Victoria Secret lingerie model, in a drug rehab program, with multiple personalities, that you happen to fall in love with."

I think I have dated that girl in the past.

Back