• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for enclosed transportation for my NSX... Michigan to Florida

I am so very disgusted with our road conditions , the maniac drivers, the texters, the overpriced plates, etc here in Michigan....... that I am seriously considering bringing the maintenance completely up to date on my NSX this coming fall (meaning... having my favorite wonder tech bring it up to date!) and shipping the car to Florida to play with.. and undoubtably leaving it there..For those of you unfamiliar with Michigan... think... 3rd world cesspool... with a goat path... that's what our road are like.....oh... and add gridlock... oh wait.. everybody texts... which is 10x more dangerous than "buzzed driving"My first thought is ... Reliable carriers.... anyone have another thought!!!don't say "drive it" down... that is not happening!!!Im not due for a belt change for 3 years... but I'd have that done and brake flush, etc (maybe even a clutch)... then I would hopefully not have to look for "an NSX guy" until I was 70!!!so.. my request for suggestions turned into a rant (sorry)....

I see the roads are not any better than when I left MI in 2007.

Regarding NSX work in FL, I wouldn't think twice about trusting Nabil's work on my car if I happened to be in the Orlando area. I know you said you don't want to drive it, but that is what I would do as long as the weather is nice. Get some books on CD from the Cracker Barrel, stop at the Dragon, see a few sights along the way. Make a vacation out of it. The NSX is one hell of a road tripper and the dollar per mile of transport fees can be spend on additional preventative maintenance of your choice. Win/win. I vote for trans fluid, CV boots, aging master/slave cylinders and/or coolant lines.

Last edited:
Reliable , Intercity Lines, Plycar. All good choices.

MJK... the roads a MUCH WORSE than 2007.... plus... texting was not invented yet!!!thanks to all who chimed in....NO.. I am not driving that thing to florida!!! tempting as it may be to buy a picture of myself on the dragon!!

Greg I'll drive it down for you. LOL. However, I'm having a rather odd problem last couple years with my NSX -- actually problem lies with me, not the NSX, which would cause me to think long and hard before a long road trip in the NSX. For some reason can't get my left leg comfortable while cruising. I find that there is not enough room to stretch my leg out straight and the dead pedal area is tiny. My left knee tends to rest on driver's door and my leg/foot is twisted somewhat. After 30-45 minutes the aches start. Hard to explain but does detract a bit from the driving joy. I'm in pretty good shape and though getting older not an old man yet. Weird. Going to have to try some Advil or something!As for MI roads don't get me started. Bad enough while in my cars, even worse when trying to get some miles in on my racing bicycle. MJK -- jealous -- spent a week in Scottsdale area month or so ago -- great roads for both the racing bicycle and the NSX.Best,Jeff

I am so very disgusted with our road conditions , the maniac drivers, the texters, the overpriced plates, etc here in Michigan....... that I am seriously considering bringing the maintenance completely up to date on my NSX this coming fall (meaning... having my favorite wonder tech bring it up to date!) and shipping the car to Florida to play with.. and undoubtably leaving it there..For those of you unfamiliar with Michigan... think... 3rd world cesspool... with a goat path... that's what our road are like.....oh... and add gridlock... oh wait.. everybody texts... which is 10x more dangerous than "buzzed driving"My first thought is ... Reliable carriers.... anyone have another thought!!!don't say "drive it" down... that is not happening!!!Im not due for a belt change for 3 years... but I'd have that done and brake flush, etc (maybe even a clutch)... then I would hopefully not have to look for "an NSX guy" until I was 70!!!so.. my request for suggestions turned into a rant (sorry)....

I have used InterCity lines to transport a '92 NSX and a '99 Zanardi Edition NSX on cross country journeys, and was extremely impressed. The cars arrived ahead of schedule, and in perfect condition. The transport trailer even had polished hardwood floors! It was amazing.

Additionally I used Reliable Carriers for transporting the '94 NSX last year, and was equally impressed. Stick with one of those two, and don't cheap out, and you will be glad you did. Totally worry-free experiences.

Back