• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for NSX techs in SoCal

As many know our cars are so trouble free that some of us don't bother looking for good techs untill nessesity arises and we need to fix something.
I was teaching my girlfriend to drive the X and she burned clutch in the process :frown:. I need to find good NSX tech in Los Angeles area. He has to be reasonable as this is totally unexpected financially and I have much more important things to do right now.
I used to go to Rob @ speed oracle in Santa clarita. But now I'm unable to reach him for some reason
Any good advise?

Wow, I have yet to allow my wife to drive my car...let alone a girlfriend. Don't do that again.:biggrin:

John Martin at Cerritos Acura or Ramon at Nigel Motors come to mind.

http://www.niguelmotors.com

Call Ramon; he just did a clutch on a 1991 last week, he is doing a 1995 clutch this week.

+1

Ramon @ Niguel Motors is outstanding, can't go wrong with him.

Autowave in Huntington Beach is also an excellent choice.

If you don't mind driving south on the 605 for a bit to just south of the 91 Jon Martin @ Cerritos Acura is one of the best NSX mechanics in the world, period. There's no one I'd rather leave my NSX with than Jon Martin.

In San Diego choices are limited. Not sure if Nick @ Applied Motorsports in Vista/Oceanside (N. County) is active these days but Jerry @ Greenlight (central SD) can take care of all of your basic issues. For more complex, custom or rebuild work work I'd go with John @ Revenge Motorsports in El Cajon. I'd avoid all SD Acura dealers.

Well, she was girlfriend of mine for last 13 years:eek:. Besides car is technically hers now, so she has to learn to drive it
I will probably try to reach Rob first, because he is much closer to me but if I can't get hold of him then I'll call John or Ramon
BTW anybody knows why Rob was banned?
Wow, I have yet to allow my wife to drive my car...let alone a girlfriend. Don't do that again.:biggrin:

Well, she was girlfriend of mine for last 13 years:eek:. Besides car is technically hers now, so she has to learn to drive it
I will probably try to reach Rob first, because he is much closer to me but if I can't get hold of him then I'll call John or Ramon
BTW anybody knows why Rob was banned?

Some kind of name calling thread regarding a timing belt service... I believe it was started by member 'otoro' if you want to try searching, although it's probably been edited.

Rob said he was defending his business, IIRC, but apparently moderators felt differently; I have no experience with his shop or services.

PM Rob. He was banned for serveral months, but he now back.

I think Rob is out of the country... I haven't been able to contact him for the past few weeks.. I vaguely remember him saying he was going on vacation.

I just got my car serviced at Cerritos Acura by John Martin and Ceasar - they were great! It was a bit of a drive back and fourth to the shop there but they did a great job and gave me a great deal on service!

Niguel motors or Autowave. Not sure what you consider reasonable, but they get the job done right the first time, while others will cause you more trouble than they are worth with the savings.

Last edited:

I took my blue hottie in yesterday to Ramon at Nigel Motors. It was my first time getting it worked on. Had an oil change, a brake fluid change and Bilstein shocks installed. Ramon, Tom and Chris were there and are friendly guys. I have confidence in this shop and will be back when my Taitec gt lightweight exhaust arrives.

IMG_4372NiguelMotors.jpg

IMG_4379Ramonworking.jpg

^Ramon getting the springs put on the new shock.

IMG_4380Ramonworking.jpg

^Ramon's ballerina move.

IMG_4394NSXinshop.jpg

Last edited:
Niguel Motor

Ramon has done a header install, ABS delete, light Wt. battery install and corrected a few minor things on the car. His price is very reasonable and he is very capable and efficient. Totally worth the 55 miles drive from San Diego for me.:smile: He'll be doing my major serivice(TB/WP/seals..etc) and a clutch job soon.

Taking mine to Ramon this week to get headers installed.

Little things like what he is doing to keep the hose off the car is important to me. It may not seem like a big deal to some shops but my cars are important to me and it appears to him as well.

any more on autowave?
i have a '95 with 65K, need first timeing belt but autowave recommends dropping the motor and doing all the seals as well....of course the waterpump and all the belts and fluid....

james
R

any more on autowave?
i have a '95 with 65K, need first timeing belt but autowave recommends dropping the motor and doing all the seals as well....of course the waterpump and all the belts and fluid....

james
R

Autowave does good service, I have been there a few times, but prefer Niguel Motors (which is closer to me).

Typically, the motor is dropped when doing a timing belt along with a clutch job, the service you mention can be done with the engine inside of the vehicle. Which seals are leaking?

Perhaps contact both shops, and determine which one is best for your schedule and needs.

Autowave does good service, I have been there a few times, but prefer Niguel Motors (which is closer to me).

Typically, the motor is dropped when doing a timing belt along with a clutch job, the service you mention can be done with the engine inside of the vehicle. Which seals are leaking?

Perhaps contact both shops, and determine which one is best for your schedule and needs.

Niguel Motors is not an acura dealership is it? And do they offer loaner cars? I'm going to be doing a clutch job soon so I would need a loaner car... thx :redface:

Niguel Motors is not an acura dealership is it? And do they offer loaner cars? I'm going to be doing a clutch job soon so I would need a loaner car... thx :redface:

I sense some hostility. If you're looking for dealerships, Cerritos Acura is your best bet with Jon Martin there.

I sense some hostility. If you're looking for dealerships, Cerritos Acura is your best bet with Jon Martin there.

hostility? what? :confused:

Yes I spoke to Cerritos Acura and they want $880 for labor for a clutch job which is why I am shopping around a bit...

(not sure why you think I'm being hostile when all I asked was a simple question :rolleyes:)

hostility? what? :confused:

Yes I spoke to Cerritos Acura and they want $880 for labor for a clutch job which is why I am shopping around a bit...

(not sure why you think I'm being hostile when all I asked was a simple question :rolleyes:)

Yes, Niguel Motors is not an Acura dealership. I don't have any personal experience w/ Ramon/Niguel Motors but have heard good things. I have always taken my car to Autowave for the last 7 years without diappointment. Remember, don't just shop around by $$ as you cannot put a $$ on quality/workmanship/loyalty.

Jeff

The way u put how Niguel Motors isn't a dealership nor has loaner cars. it's all good though. since ur doing a clutch job, might as well do short gears and jdm/os giken lsd.

Yes, Niguel Motors is not an Acura dealership. I don't have any personal experience w/ Ramon/Niguel Motors but have heard good things. I have always taken my car to Autowave for the last 7 years without diappointment. Remember, don't just shop around by $$ as you cannot put a $$ on quality/workmanship/loyalty.

Jeff

+1, as Mike Cruz usually says, "Pay Once...Cry Once."

I'm pretty sure I already have short gears... and i dont track the car so I dont need an aftermarket LSD... but thx for the info!

And yea last time I took the car to John Martin they did a great job to help me pass smog... I just hope my clutch holds on until I can coordinate everything...

Back