• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for Pics of the Gauge Cluster Internals

Hi guys,

This is a different request, but has anyone removed the gauge plates/faces of the gauge cluster and taken pics of what's behind them? I would like to get an idea how much space is behind the faces.

Thank You

Hi guys,

This is a different request, but has anyone removed the gauge plates/faces of the gauge cluster and taken pics of what's behind them? I would like to get an idea how much space is behind the faces.

Thank You

Chris,

Check out this post "Wanna get the blues?"

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52548

Post #36 has a bunch of pictures of the guage cluster taken apart. They are about 2/3's of way down. Maybe this will help.

I've had my cluster apart and there is not much room at all within the housing itself. The guages are almost touching the white housing the PCB is mounted to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. So the gauge cluster only illuminates from the top, no illumination behind the gauge faces?

Chris,

No, the cluster is also illuminated from the rear. The PCB has several bulbs that illuminate from the rear and through light pipes to the guages and odometer etc.

One of the big problems about changing the color of the guage cluster is that the guage have a thin tanpanent layer of orange or brown caoting behind the face that cannot be removed.

I am not sure what top light acutally does, but it also is shaded orange as you can see.

Do you know why the transparent layer can't come off? Is it painted on?
Chris,

No, the cluster is also illuminated from the rear. The PCB has several bulbs that illuminate from the rear and through light pipes to the guages and odometer etc.

One of the big problems about changing the color of the guage cluster is that the guage have a thin tanpanent layer of orange or brown caoting behind the face that cannot be removed.

I am not sure what top light acutally does, but it also is shaded orange as you can see.

Do you know why the transparent layer can't come off? Is it painted on?

It is part of the overlay. If you try to peel off the "Black" overlay that you look at from the drivers seat ... the dye (orange / Brown) is part of it. This is what turns the white numbers etc Orange.

I have an oil /temp guage that broken. It is all in tact except the needle for the OIL is missing as it broke off. That is why it is broken. If you want me to send you this guage so you can look at it, I can dig it up somewhere for you.

Another part to changing the light sceme in the guage cluster is the light pipe which illuminates the odometer and tripometer. You can see the light pipe with orange on it in the pictures from the thread I posted a link to earlier.

Let me know if you'd be interested in this guage I will see ifI can find it.

hope these help a little.

DSCN1601.jpg

DSCN1603.jpg

DSCN1608.jpg

DSCN1609.jpg

DSCN1606.jpg

DSCN1607.jpg

Back