• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking For Reputable Dealer Near ND?

Hey guys I need to bring my NSX in for some TLC and I'd feel much better having a dealer work on it since it is my baby. Are there any good dealers in SD or Minnesota? Maybe even in Canada? Thanks.

Ya but are they good? LOL
I have been taking my car there for 9 years and I think they do a reasonable job. I think they only have the one NSX trained guy. I've had them do oil changes; a/c conversion; new a/c compressor; some front end work and I thought that they were knowledgable but the usual high 'per hour' rates.

I chose to have my second major service (TB, etc) done in Phoenix by Mark Basch because he did the original one, and because I was the only NSX in Regina for years so figured they had probably never done one....whereas I think Mark could do them in his sleep he's done so many.

I have been taking my car there for 9 years and I think they do a reasonable job. I think they only have the one NSX trained guy. I've had them do oil changes; a/c conversion; new a/c compressor; some front end work and I thought that they were knowledgable but the usual high 'per hour' rates.

I chose to have my second major service (TB, etc) done in Phoenix by Mark Basch because he did the original one, and because I was the only NSX in Regina for years so figured they had probably never done one....whereas I think Mark could do them in his sleep he's done so many.

Holy crap you went all the way to phoenix? Im not concerned about costs so much as quality of work. And I'd like it to come back without any scratches and other items that my happen at a dealership. I mean I'd like to get some things done like the AC updated, new clutch, maybe do the shorter jdm gears at the same time, some seals replaced, and overall general maintenance. The car is 19 years old and all i've had to do so far is change the oil and other fluids. I think im still on my original washer fluid too. And there isn't a single chip on the car and I'd like it to stay that way!

Last edited:
You posted about possible Turbo, contact Cody at Lovefab and have him do it all. He will pick it up in a covered trailer and baby the thing all winter. Just let him know what you want done and no issues. Trust me, I have been there, without my car for over 3 years at various tuners. Then to Cody and back home after the winter and all good, until I wanted more stuff then back to Lovefab. 3000 miles later without any issues and over 550 RWHP, planning on driving it to XPO 2000 miles with no worries.

You posted about possible Turbo, contact Cody at Lovefab and have him do it all. He will pick it up in a covered trailer and baby the thing all winter. Just let him know what you want done and no issues. Trust me, I have been there, without my car for over 3 years at various tuners. Then to Cody and back home after the winter and all good, until I wanted more stuff then back to Lovefab. 3000 miles later without any issues and over 550 RWHP, planning on driving it to XPO 2000 miles with no worries.

Wow how much did that cost to have them pick it up and drop it back off? While this thread isn't about wanting a turbo, its more for general maintenance/updating. :)

Im not concerned about costs so much as quality of work. And I'd like it to come back without any scratches and other items that my happen at a dealership. I mean I'd like to get some things done like the AC updated, new clutch, maybe do the shorter jdm gears at the same time, some seals replaced, and overall general maintenance. The car is 19 years old and all i've had to do so far is change the oil and other fluids. I think im still on my original washer fluid too. And there isn't a single chip on the car and I'd like it to stay that way!
I've never had an issue with chips, scratches, etc but then mine isn't mint to start with. But I'm not sure I'd have them do my clutch or tranny .. I'd just worry that it would be their first time. General maintenance, A/C upgrade no problem .. but if you're thinking more complicated things like CV boots, timing belt .. again I'd be looking for experience.
...Ian

If you can swing it...call Vasos at Acura of Brookfield in Milwaukee, WI...some customers have come further away to get service done...Vasos is very experienced...period...

Im not concerned about costs so much as quality of work. And I'd like it to come back without any scratches and other items that my happen at a dealership. I mean I'd like to get some things done like the AC updated, new clutch, maybe do the shorter jdm gears at the same time, some seals replaced, and overall general maintenance. The car is 19 years old and all i've had to do so far is change the oil and other fluids. I think im still on my original washer fluid too. And there isn't a single chip on the car and I'd like it to stay that way!
None of the work you mention requires NSX-specific knowledge. However, it all requires a very knowledgeable, experienced mechanic; for example, someone who has opened up and rebuilt a lot of transmissions (rather than just replacing component assemblies). And you also want someone who's conscientious about not damaging the car in the process. All of that, you should be able to find in an independent mechanic, even in a medium-sized city without an Acura dealer.

That being said, if you want someone who's familiar with NSX problems so he knows what to look for - things like the window fix-it thingies, snap ring, which seals leak, etc - then there is an advantage in taking your car to a place with a lot of NSX experience, such as the dealers in Milwaukee, Chicago (Hoffman Estates), Denver (Boulder), etc. I know Elite in Minneapolis does/did a lot of NSX work, so that might be a possibility also. You can have the car shipped, or take a road trip, combining it with a vacation in a place you've never visited. Stay in a hotel for a few days, they may give you a loaner car or you can rent one, play tourist, see the sights, eat out, etc. Not the worst experience in the world. :)

None of the work you mention requires NSX-specific knowledge. However, it all requires a very knowledgeable, experienced mechanic; for example, someone who has opened up and rebuilt a lot of transmissions (rather than just replacing component assemblies). And you also want someone who's conscientious about not damaging the car in the process. All of that, you should be able to find in an independent mechanic, even in a medium-sized city without an Acura dealer.

That being said, if you want someone who's familiar with NSX problems so he knows what to look for - things like the window fix-it thingies, snap ring, which seals leak, etc - then there is an advantage in taking your car to a place with a lot of NSX experience, such as the dealers in Milwaukee, Chicago (Hoffman Estates), Denver (Boulder), etc. I know Elite in Minneapolis does/did a lot of NSX work, so that might be a possibility also. You can have the car shipped, or take a road trip, combining it with a vacation in a place you've never visited. Stay in a hotel for a few days, they may give you a loaner car or you can rent one, play tourist, see the sights, eat out, etc. Not the worst experience in the world. :)
If I did take it to a dealer i would trailer it so I wouldn't need a car persay.

Back