• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to buy tubi exhaust

I have spent some time reading about the exhaust many of you have bought over the last few years. I also have seen and heard the video of the NSX with the Tubi installed. With winter approaching I am looking to swap out to the Tubi exhaust. My question is where do I buy these?? Can any one direct me to a source??? Also do you have any advice on a price point or cost I should be seeing. Thanks

Here is some important reading for you it should answer most of your questions

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64446&highlight=tubi+group+buy

A direct quote from the thread

CL65 Captain said:
PRESS RELEASE February 24, 2006 - Naples Motorsports, Inc. has been recognized as the EXCLUSIVE DEALER for Tubi Acura NSX Exhaust Systems. We have commissioned Tubi Style to build these exhausts for a limited run. Because of increased costs in the US dollar compared to the Euro the prices have gone up. The new list price is $2,399. plus $75 shipping. (plus sales tax if you live in Florida). For a limited time we will be accepting deposits to lock in a special introductory price of $2,099 if we receive a $300 deposit before 3/31/2006. This special pricing is good for all NSX customers who send us a deposit no later than 3/31/2006. After that we cannot honor the special pricing. The reason why is because we had to pre-pay for over $30,000 worth of exhaust systems. These exhausts are direct bolt on for 1991 – 1997 NSX’s. These could work with some of the newer model cars but you may need to purchase an adaptor pipe for $399. We feel this is the BEST exhaust money can buy on the market. We expect the exhausts to be here in the United States by April 15, 2006. The shipping time is approximate. All deposit checks should be made payable to: Naples Motorsports, Inc. 1361 N Airport RdNaples, FL 34104 Attn: Tony Swanson

Tubi + NSX = Perfect Harmony

dede1 said:
I have spent some time reading about the exhaust many of you have bought over the last few years. I also have seen and heard the video of the NSX with the Tubi installed. With winter approaching I am looking to swap out to the Tubi exhaust. My question is where do I buy these?? Can any one direct me to a source??? Also do you have any advice on a price point or cost I should be seeing. Thanks

Took me nearly 5+ months of obsessive looking [and unsuccessfully stealing Bailey's (AcuraNSXPilot's) monster tubi setup] :tongue: ...... Finally got very lucky and located a company who had One tubi for NSX, leftover from a customer in HK who ended up unable to purchase.... Keep searching.... Most Definitely!! worth the labor ! :biggrin:

Tino (Bboxer) was the prev owner of my 94 NSX. He did the initial Tubi group buy. As a testament to its build quality, my system has been installed since about 2000-2001. Still sounds great & shines like brand new. This exhaust has seen more than 30,000 of the cars 62,000 miles. Not sure how long Tubi's last, but there seems to be is no end insight. :biggrin:

MCM said:
Tino (Bboxer) was the prev owner of my 94 NSX. He did the initial Tubi group buy. As a testament to its build quality, my system has been installed since about 2000-2001. Still sounds great & shines like brand new. This exhaust has seen more than 30,000 of the cars 62,000 miles. Not sure how long Tubi's last, but there seems to be is no end insight. :biggrin:
To my understanding, I hear that the Tubi sounds better with each and every mile...... and so far, so great ! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just an FYI, I called Naples Motorsport about 8 weeks ago looking for a Tubi. They have them, and they want the full list $2399 + shipping. they would not budge off that price in our conversation.

If you go for it, I hope you do better:).

Regards,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Just an FYI, I called Naples Motorsport about 8 weeks ago looking for a Tubi. They have them, and they want the full list $2399 + shipping. they would not budge off that price in our conversation.

If you go for it, I hope you do better:).

Regards,
LarryB
Eeks! Wow, yes, that's a bit high. I found mine for $1890 + $50 ship (brand new)....... but again, took me much time to find... ... in any event, still think it's worth it!

I think its the perfect compliment to the Nsx and for those who love that Fcar sound I think its as close as your gonna get. It sounds best with a set of comptech headers IMO.

Thanks all for your responses and great insight. I will forge ahead on several fronts and see what I come up with. Since it is a winter project I have time to shop.

dede1 said:
I will forge ahead on several fronts and see what I come up with. Since it is a winter project I have time to shop.

There are now only two sources for Tubi for the NSX.... Naples Motorsports and used. The US Tubi Style distributer will not import anymore and Scuderia in UK will not sell to the US anymore. I was fortunate to find an orginal Tubi (#100) locally and paid a pretty penny for it.

My dilema is now is if I go with the 02+ rear vallance, do I modify the tubi for single tip or sell it?

CL65 Captain said:
There are now only two sources for Tubi for the NSX.... Naples Motorsports and used. The US Tubi Style distributer will not import anymore and Scuderia in UK will not sell to the US anymore. I was fortunate to find an orginal Tubi (#100) locally and paid a pretty penny for it.

My dilema is now is if I go with the 02+ rear vallance, do I modify the tubi for single tip or sell it?

If you modify the tubi for single tip, I will offer you some folding stuff to furnish your wallet with for the tubi quad tips you don't need anymore... :wink:

Naples Motorsports has the TUBI's in stock. I live in Naples and know those guys very well. The reason that the price has gone up is that TUBI raised the price. The NSX Tubi is still very cheap for a tubi when compared to all of their other exhausts which are well over $3000. If you are interested I will talk to tony for you. Let me know

chris

How much do the tubi's weigh? and is there a difference between a tubi and tubi style? tubi style meaning fake tubi look a like? or is that a different version of the tubi exhaust like version 1 and version 2? thanks

dede1 said:
There is one for sale by nsxsocal in the NSX Parts forum FYI

ediddynsx said:
How much do the tubi's weigh? and is there a difference between a tubi and tubi style? tubi style meaning fake tubi look a like? or is that a different version of the tubi exhaust like version 1 and version 2? thanks
I'm not sure of the exact weight but there isn't a huge weight savings over the OEM exhaust.

Tubi and Tubi style are essentially the same thing. There have been multiple iterations of the Tubi exhaust. I'm sure a search could give you a better idea of what exactly changed but as I recall the "original" batch was the most desirable for reasons that escape me.

Da Hapa said:
I'm not sure of the exact weight but there isn't a huge weight savings over the OEM exhaust.

Tubi and Tubi style are essentially the same thing. There have been multiple iterations of the Tubi exhaust. I'm sure a search could give you a better idea of what exactly changed but as I recall the "original" batch was the most desirable for reasons that escape me.

Thanks Christian :smile: How are things down in Utopia? :biggrin:

Da Hapa said:

That is why there are plenty of people who didn't want to flip the bills for original manufactured products and buy "replica" cried about it later.

Last edited:
ediddynsx said:

Just weighed my early style TUBI, #44 came in at 32lbs..

It's lighter than my Comptech Sport Exhaust

Last edited:
NSFRBLX said:
Just weighed my early style TUBI, #44 came in at 32lbs..

It's also lighter than my Comptech Sport Exhaust

not bad my gruppe m is at about 21lbs

dede1 said:
i had the new tubi's installed on my 1992 got them from on the original group buy. i love them but let's get real here - there are lots of exhausts that sound good. although 2400 dollars is a lot of money understand that if you were to call tubi and ask them to make an NSX exhaust it would probably be over 4000 dollars. the reason i think this is that a friend of mine with an aston martin saw my exhaust and looked into getting one. he told me what i paid (2000 dollars including shipping i think) was a bargain for tubi's. one thing is that when you sell the car you may get some of it back. regarding the sound i loved the gurgle they made for the first 1000 miles but then the gurgle went away now it sounds like a ferrari. they do weigh a lot less than the stock muffler. i think at least 1/2 the weight. :smile:

Back