• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Losing residual fuel pressure after engine shut off....NA1 with CTSC

Hey guys,

I have a long cranking problem at every cold starts. I am trying to locate the problem.
I replaced the fuel pump, spark plugs, cleaning the injectors and so on.
After all, the problem is still here. And found out it loses the residual fuel pressure after the engine shut off.
I connected a fuel pressure gauge at the injectors rail which comes with the CTSC kit.
Every time I shut off the engine, the fuel pressure drops to 0psi. As long as I start the car, the fuel pressure comes back immediately, and bleeds off.....
I pinched the return line after the Fuel Pressure Regulator which comes with the CTSC kit, and fuel pressure DOES NOT drop anymore.
So, I found out the FPR is "leaking". Is that normal???

In other words, is the FPR designed to be bleeding the fuel pressure after the engine off?
Thanks!!!!!!!!

The FPR should hold pressure, not bleed it off. You have two solutions; the first is to turn the key to accessory and wait for your fuel pump to prime the system. Then you can start the car. The other solution? Replace the FPR.

The FPR should hold pressure, not bleed it off. You have two solutions; the first is to turn the key to accessory and wait for your fuel pump to prime the system. Then you can start the car. The other solution? Replace the FPR.

What will cause when the FPR is not holding pressure, except having long cranking?
Does it make idle rough or affect driviability??

Your injectors and ECU use a steady pressure of fuel in order to trim the amount of fuel supplied to the engine. With out that steady flow, the computer is guessing what it needs giving you too much or too little fuel, depending. Not a good recipe for engine life or performance. There is a gasket in the FPR and if that goes, so goes the ability to hold the proper pressure in the rail. They aren't expensive and aren't hard to install either. Do yourself and the car the favor. Go put one in.

Your injectors and ECU use a steady pressure of fuel in order to trim the amount of fuel supplied to the engine. With out that steady flow, the computer is guessing what it needs giving you too much or too little fuel, depending. Not a good recipe for engine life or performance. There is a gasket in the FPR and if that goes, so goes the ability to hold the proper pressure in the rail. They aren't expensive and aren't hard to install either. Do yourself and the car the favor. Go put one in.

Thank you for your info sir!
About the gasket in the FPR that you mentioned, is that something I can replace it without replacing the whole FPR to fix the problem?
If so, where can I get that gasket from??
thank you very much

No it is not repairable on the OEM FPR. The AEM unit is repairable. It's not that expensive, I think under $100 brand new.

No it is not repairable on the OEM FPR. The AEM unit is repairable. It's not that expensive, I think under $100 brand new.

Mine is the one comes with CTSC. I believe SOS and Comptech has it for sell for $380 brand new.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produ.../FuelPressureRegulator/tabid/979/Default.aspx
This is the one I have....selling from Comptech, $280....

Back