• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lostbuckeye visiting South Florida! Can we arrange a warm welcome?

To make it convenient for SoFla Primers just now visiting this thread, I've edited this first post with this info: we've settled on meeting Ed at 8:30 Saturday, December 26 for breakfast at Dune Deck Café in Lantana, FL.

http://www.dunedeckcafe.com/

Original Post:
Ed is driving his Orange Unicorn to Florida from San Antonio. He'll be in the South Florida area around December 28 through New Year's Day. He'll be in Marathon. How about we arrange an NSX lunch one of these days (and maybe include a certain maroon Lotus)? Maybe we can drive down to Lorelei on Islamorada, MM 82? Great grilled dolphin sandwich, frozen pina coladas, and new the last time I was there, frozen key lime coladas (it was delicious). Anyone up for a drive to the keys and a meet up with Ed? Let's show him some Florida Prime hospitality! Post as to which day might work best. I'm open to other suggestions.

Last edited:
The Bordeaux Metallic Esprit will gladly join in. :D

Well, EXXXXCCCCUUUUUUSSSSSSEE ME, you snob. :biggrin::biggrin:

Lotus "Bordeaux Metallic Esprit" still welcome to join, in spite of its owner. LOL.

The Bordeaux Metallic Esprit will gladly join in. :D

I remember the pictures you posted of that beauty when you got it. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Thanks dquarasr2 for putting this together. Made a good trip that much better.

Ed

Last edited:
Assuming you aren't coming near Jacksonville? There is another Imola car down in S Florida, met the owner and his wife at NSXCapades, very nice people but not sure of his prime name.

I want to see an all out drag race between he Ole, and Hugh:biggrin:

Assuming you aren't coming near Jacksonville? There is another Imola car down in S Florida, met the owner and his wife at NSXCapades, very nice people but not sure of his prime name.

Sorry I'm going to do Christmas with my Dad in Okeechobee then head to Marathon on the 28th. But I'm planning on going to a weekly car meet in Stuart on the 22nd.

- - - Updated - - -

Ed is OSU playing in SoFL?

Buckeyes are in Arizona against Notre Dame

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see an all out drag race between he Ole, and Hugh:biggrin:

I'm only running 420 rwhp. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
Post info to the car meet in Stuart. Maybe we can meet.

Every Tuesday
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Jim - (772) 285-3320

Hosted by Carpro Auto Spa of Stuart, and held behind Stuart Lanes, 1638 SE Federal Hwy.

I hope to see you there.

Ed.

I'm going to try to make it but it's not 100% that I will, although I definitely hope to.

It's not looking good for me to be able to make it to this show Tuesday night 12/22/15.

Regarding my original inquiry, anyone up for heading to Lorelei on December 30 for lunch to meet with Ed? Ed, are you free that day?

We need to figure out a place to meet for lunch and who is planning on going from the S. FL crew. The drive from Broward to Islamorada is about 2hrs without traffic. So driving time is around 4-5hrs roundtrip. Maybe there is a place closer in Florida City that we can meet up at or even in Key Largo.

What is everyone's thoughts?

I've received some private messages expressing concerns from those of us needing to travel from northern Broward or even mid-Palm Beach County, on the traffic and the time it would take to get to the Florida Keys, especially those holiday dates. Islamorada is at least a two-hour drive, with no traffic, one-way, from my house, even longer for those farther north.

Ed, would you be able to drive up to Miami or even southern Broward? I can think of some places in Pembroke Pines out near I-75 that would work. That would be about a two-hour drive for Ed from Marathon, about an hour for us northern folks. DocL and I have been exchanging messages, maybe we can meet somewhere in Key Largo, which would still be quite a slog for us.

I am not at all familiar with Miami, so I could not recommend a place there. Any Primers in Miami care to weigh in? Criteria include easy to get to, traffic, parking, and quality of the cuisine. Also, I am not married to the date of December 30; Ed is in the Keys December 28-January 1.

I won't be able to make the Stuart show tonight. I'm watching Star Wars with the family :)

If you want to meet somewhere between Stuart and marathon on the 28th, I will definitely do my best to make it.

What does this weekend look like for you all? I'm at my dad's in Okeechobee. West Palm, Boca Raton or even Ft. Lauderdale could work. Like you all, I wouldn't look forward to making that holiday traffic infested drive through the keys more than once. So for me it would be driving down to Marathon for my stay and back only when I'm going home. So if we could work something for this weekend that would be great. Of course, I understand with the holidays that this may just not pan out for us to meet but I thought it would be worth a try.

This weekend is actually good for me. How about we make it for lunch this Saturday? We can meet anywhere in Palm Beach or Broward for lunch. I think this is a much better idea than anyone having to deal with the traffic in the Keys.

Only time I have available is breakfast on Saturday..somewhere between west palm and boca would work best for me. I need to be somewhere at 11

Just about any time this weekend would work for me. If JR (bzyrice) is only available then, and he seems to have the tightest constraints, should we make it breakfast on Saturday? Rob (DocL), work for you?

I can do lunch, too, so I am pretty flexible.

So let's meet for breakfast somewhere in the west Lake Worth/Palm Beach area. But remember, anywhere we go there is going to be a wait. Damn tourists!

Is Irv in town?

Hi Guys- Yes I'm here, but I have my family visiting over the holidays, so this weekend through after the New Year is out for me. Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year to all of you and your families.

Say Hi to Ed, I did meet him at NSXPO last year.

Dune Deck in Lantana, right on the water, excellent food, large municipal parking lot. I'll post links and details when I get home then you guys can let me know what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link to the Dune Deck Cafe.

http://www.dunedeckcafe.com/

All we need to decide now is the time, assuming Ed is OK with this location. :biggrin:

Let's do it. What time?

Back