• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lots of options available

good god people. Everyone wants a "world beater" but also wants it to come with its own chilton manual??

The car has four motors, they have to be accessible when the car is in the air, and not have the rest of the car come crashing down when things are disconnected. The special lift has nothing to do with oil/tire changes. At least it doesn't have a single lug nut like a gt3rs that requires over 200lb/ft to torque correctly. Probably not doing that with your craftsman.

i, for one, am excited about this car, even though there is no way i can afford it. I just wish it looked better overall from the outside, and less like a...."______" (insert whatever you think it looks like)....

this - ^^^

Last edited:
Yea, the "special" lift is just one that can get under the low clearance. My lowered NSX has trouble EVERYWHERE I take it. I really don't get it, it's not really that special. You just need some boards or some sort of ramp to drive it onto...

I have a friend who is a service manager at Lexus and when the LFA was sold through their dealership they were required to purchase a special lift and a set of tools for over $35,000. All of which are still in the boxes they came in the back of the shop. It is a high risk for the dealership to take these on but certain dealerships will be forced to take on these deliveries and service. Also most car companies are trying to do away with the shade tree mechanic mentality since 75% of the dealerships profits come from the back of the lot in the service bays.

I have a friend who is a service manager at Lexus and when the LFA was sold through their dealership they were required to purchase a special lift and a set of tools for over $35,000. All of which are still in the boxes they came in the back of the shop. It is a high risk for the dealership to take these on but certain dealerships will be forced to take on these deliveries and service. Also most car companies are trying to do away with the shade tree mechanic mentality since 75% of the dealerships profits come from the back of the lot in the service bays.

Acura is no different, we had to buy an updated tire balance machine and $20k worth of specialized tools.

Back