• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Love Fab Kit $ ?

I don't know much about the love fab kit, just what i have read. Sound like it's had some nice R&D, and seems like it has quality. But for for 15 grand ? and it still leaves you with a stock engine. I could think of a few ways to have a built engine with force induction for around 10 grand. They say it's reliable, i am not so sure how reliable it will be after spending 15 grand and still having a stock engine. I am sure the kit is a quality way to go, but i don't think i could spend that kind a money and still have a stock engine. just my opinion.

Let me know where you can get that engine built with turbo for 10 grand and I will jump in with you. I am sure everyone else will too. :cool:

Didn't mean for it to seem that way. I give it up to them for designing what seems to be a nice kit. I just think it's a outrageous price for a turbo, computer, and some piping.

Let me know where you can get that engine built with turbo for 10 grand and I will jump in with you. I am sure everyone else will too. :cool:

I have a friend who is a motor builder, i can get free labor.
I wasn't thinking of a turbo. I was thinking of maybe a boosted ctsc with changing the pistons, cams,valves, and valve springs. It would easily make what the love fab kit makes running stock boost. and would be more reliable.

I have a friend who is a motor builder, i can get free labor.
I wasn't thinking of a turbo. I was thinking of maybe a boosted ctsc with changing the pistons, cams,valves, and valve springs. It would easily make what the love fab kit makes running stock boost. and would be more reliable.

Go for it and keep us posted.

Go for it and keep us posted.

Money , Money , as soon as i get the money i will.

Don't get me wrong that love fab kit seem like the best turbo kit for the nsx. But for it to be real reliable you need to build the motor. For myself i wouldn't want to boost my engine unless i knew it was going to be real reliable. It would cost 20 grand to run that love fab kit and build the motor.

Money , Money , as soon as i get the money i will.

Don't get me wrong that love fab kit seem like the best turbo kit for the nsx. But for it to be real reliable you need to build the motor. For myself i wouldn't want to boost my engine unless i knew it was going to be real reliable. It would cost 20 grand to run that love fab kit and build the motor.

Or you could take the route I am taking and spend 30K. I have been boosted with the Lovefab turbo system on a stock engine for almost a year and I have not had one hiccup. If you have a good tuner the stock engine will be reliable.

Funny how everyone on here complains about pricing when you are driving a car with a MSRP of 60K - 90K. I spoke with Jason Heffner about building my turbo system before Lovefab was working on the NSX kit and Heffner said "There isn't a market for the NSX". I guess he knew that none of us would spend the money. I approached Heffner and indirectly told him I didn't care how much this system would cost. I wanted the BEST quality possible. Luckily Cody came to the rescue to satisfy my thirst for more performance that typical bolt ons couldn't provide.

By the way if you think NSX FI systems are expensive then check out the links below:

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/twinturbosystems.htm

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/lamborghinigallardo.htm

while i agree that cody's system is big bank...he has stood behind all that are out there and does have a solid rep for standing beind any issues....

what is service like that worth?
depends on the person i guess....

if you can do it yourself, why not do it..
if you cant or dont want to there are only a couple choices....that meens you have to pay to play..

Or you could take the route I am taking and spend 30K. I have been boosted with the Lovefab turbo system on a stock engine for almost a year and I have not had one hiccup. If you have a good tuner the stock engine will be reliable.

Funny how everyone on here complains about pricing when you are driving a car with a MSRP of 60K - 90K. I spoke with Jason Heffner about building my turbo system before Lovefab was working on the NSX kit and Heffner said "There isn't a market for the NSX". I guess he knew that none of us would spend the money. I approached Heffner and indirectly told him I didn't care how much this system would cost. I wanted the BEST quality possible. Luckily Cody came to the rescue to satisfy my thirst for more performance that typical bolt ons couldn't provide.

By the way if you think NSX FI systems are expensive then check out the links below:

yeah he is doing it right, like it should be done.

I agree with our friend from Boca, relative to pricing of certain goodies for the NSX - The market apparently looks at what we possibly paid for our original "toy" and promptly applies a minimum "surcharge" of 1.5 to 2.0 times the normal marketing pricing for an item. This is how we get $1000 piston sets, $1900 cam sets, 14000 FI stroker packages (plus rods) and 14000 turbo packages. However, as was also pointed out, just vote with your wallet, shop elsewhere and the "market" should bring pricing into line with actual cost/pricing values. :wink: If that doesn't work, by my measurements, there is plenty of room for a chevy motor back there, don't ya know:eek:

I agree with our friend from Boca, relative to pricing of certain goodies for the NSX - The market apparently looks at what we possibly paid for our original "toy" and promptly applies a minimum "surcharge" of 1.5 to 2.0 times the normal marketing pricing for an item. This is how we get $1000 piston sets, $1900 cam sets, 14000 FI stroker packages (plus rods) and 14000 turbo packages. However, as was also pointed out, just vote with your wallet, shop elsewhere and the "market" should bring pricing into line with actual cost/pricing values. :wink: If that doesn't work, by my measurements, there is plenty of room for a chevy motor back there, don't ya know:eek:

I agree, Vote with your wallet. Between the two major players of HP and Lovefab on design, well its a crap shoot, with hp maybe taking the win due to gravity feed, imo. Let supply and price meet demand. The market will work it self out, no reason to complain on prices.

J. R.

Holy prices batman!!!!
54k for a Gallardo turbo kit!!!!!

I agree, Vote with your wallet. Between the two major players of HP and Lovefab on design, well its a crap shoot, with hp maybe taking the win due to gravity feed, imo. Let supply and price meet demand. The market will work it self out, no reason to complain on prices.

J. R.

so maybe it seemed like i was complaining. It's still to much money for what your getting. But i guess thats the price you pay, if you put the right R&D, and time in thats required to to make a top quality, top fitting turbo kit. ( which don't get me wrong this car deserves ) You need to make 6 or 7 grand for every kit you sell.

The highest boost I have reading on my CTSC is 7 PSI. That is very low, and it keeps the engine reliable. How many CTSC'd cars have you seen blow their motors? Its been around a long time with almost no issues. The Comptech kit is complete down to the nut. It's also emissions legal and CARB certified. On the GB the coupe kits went for as little as 7K. That's less than HALF the price of the Lovefab turbo system and 3K less than the HP.

John I was not dismissing the kit at all. And if the price is what you say, then it is what it is. I thought it was 10K (per the other posts). And if you get an exhaust system with it, then certainly it sounds pretty cheap.

I personally see turbo companies as somewhat of one-man operations... and that freightens me, no matter how good the system may be.

I am not here to knock anyone's system. Someone has to eventually make a different system, someone has to be a pioneer, trust, and buy one, so things get resolved and proven. You are the pioneer.

If 3 years from now everyone is talking about how great and reliable their HP turbo systems have been, then maybe I will sell my CTSC. I mean it sounds great to run 10's at 137 MPH through the 1/4. I am just too hesitant to do something so radical to a 2005 NSX.

John I was not dismissing the kit at all. And if the price is what you say, then it is what it is. I thought it was 10K (per the other posts). And if you get an exhaust system with it, then certainly it sounds pretty cheap.

I personally see turbo companies as somewhat of one-man operations... and that freightens me, no matter how good the system may be.

I am not here to knock anyone's system. Someone has to eventually make a different system, someone has to be a pioneer, trust, and buy one, so things get resolved and proven. You are the pioneer.

If 3 years from now everyone is talking about how great and reliable their HP turbo systems have been, then maybe I will sell my CTSC. I mean it sounds great to run 10's at 137 MPH through the 1/4. I am just too hesitant to do something so radical to a 2005 NSX.

:biggrin: Your probably gonna sell those headers at the same time...right:wink:

John,

My first commont. HP turbo kit>CTSC in terms of cost, potential for power. Pure speed, you just can't beat turbo. It can be perfectly bulletproof if done/tuned correctly.

It is not without problems, as you're aware the design was changed to accommodate the autorotor supercharger, and several of these newer units were defective, leaking oil, etc.
Why the double standard? Because Comptech set the bar so high?

Other than Dave and Saber, who else out of maybe 100~150 units, maybe you know something that I am not aware of. The old unit been around for nearly 10 years with people track day in and day out. IAT on autorotor is also lower, it is a more efficient unit.

I know of 3 HP turbo kits. One of which went kaboom (mileage is not excuse), 2-yours, and amount of trouble you gone through + manufacture defect of turbo, etc. Anyone can make excuses to justify anything. In this case why the double standard?

In your case your installation is approximately 2 months. Most CTSC is 1 to 2 afternoon.
I am also not a fan of the intake manifold removal it requires, comparing the GMSC, which retains this intake manifold, to an autorotor CTSC.
Why so? is it because of Octopus legs in engine bay? Less weight always better. Comptech is able to offset a good chunk of weight gain by removing the heavy oem intake manifold. The car almost looks OEM even with SC.

The CTSC made more power, but it was in the unusable range, above 7300rpm.
Are you serious? Take a look at the dyno graph, the power climb all the way to redline and beyond, no drop off at upper rpm like NA motor. You seen my acceleration videos. Some people use every last rev.

Dave,
I am not a blind follower of any specific solution.
John, I don't want to dig up our old discussion. You went form anti-fi, offset balance etc. Every step of the way you end up favor something different.

You already know your track record for many mods. You do what you want, then regret and redo it again over and over again. I am a friend of yours, out of respect for others. I would never tell a friend what they "should" do to their car if their mind is already set on something. Let them learn from their own mistakes, it is part of fun in modding.

I don't think think recommending people to remove CTSC is a smart idea. Reasons are simple:

If people are not going to build the motor and keeping the hp at roughly 350~415rwhp. It already got the job done. Addition of AEM EMS tunning will help the mid range even at same boost level.

Hassle and worry free is hard to argue.

If someone is going to built the motor, then please by all means remove the CTSC and go turbo. I would too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now between you and me. We did roughly 10 blasts from 60~100-130mph runs that day with you, me, and Black BPU+++ Supra. Every car had its moments of shine. Every car had incidents of accelerate outside of powerband. There are times even if one car took off first, the other can still match it.

From my perspective. I don't want to said here, I know, you know too.

Last edited:
I have prolonged experience with both supercharged, and turbocharged nsx's, this is the basis for my post. There is no double standard being displayed.
John,
So do I:biggrin:.

Double standard or not. You can read your original post on this thread from a 3rd person point of view. It already clearly shown the double standard and biasness for the 2 isolated rare case with CTSC. At very least I do my best be as unbiased and consistent as possible. People are not stupid, most can read it from a 3rd person perspective and judge it for themselves. I don't sell Comptech. If anything more unique the better.

Here is clear reminder regarding your consistency:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71685&highlight=ctsc

As for useable power or not. People don't shift at 7300rpm. That statement in itself is just too funny.

You are running very low boost on HP at the moment. We carried way too much weight on the HP turbo car when I drove it (+385 unnecessary lbs), so I never made any comparision, because that is not fair or right way to compare. Assuming you don't boost up, I be more than willing to do a test with you and film it. Don't be mad with the results though, although I think your NSX should be faster if I am the driver in your NSX. Weight does matter, that right there is 100+lbs.

I understand your defense of the CTSC, its a performance modification that results in so much happiness, and expresses a significant investment in your nsx.
I am sorry, you got me wrong, I am quite different. I am even in this discussion on because of amount of double standard and incorrect information you presented in your original responds in this thread. It is not that significant amount of investment on my NSX btw. The exterior alone can buy nearly 3 CTSCs at the group buy price (what I paid). Results in happiness or satisfaction, yes, that I can't deny, hassle and worry free I might add. I am not blind, there are many cars are simply way faster, anything above bone stock 3800lbs 04 E55 will beat me badly. Even my old daily that served as beater for my NSX can tear it apart in straightline while carrying 3 other paeengers on race gas setting.

I believe fake is fake. I will only defend when something less than fact is presented. There are so many cars and mods that just destroy CTSC to pieces, one particular item is HP Turbo. Assuming HP is at signifcantly higher power level. Can't argue against power/weight ratio.

When you drove it you had Simo as a passenger, there was a full tank of gasoline, and my car weights 150lbs more than your nsx. Such variables make dyno runs, back to back, a better comparison of the contribution being provided by engine modifications.
Yes, I agree on this count. You seem to not understand HP>TQ. 20rwhp is a lot on same dyno before you even consider other variables such as weight, etc.

Simo also rode in my NSX as well. Regardless of weight, on all out situation the additional HP are simply welcome addition even after 7300rpm.

Next time Erick sets up a Dyno day we could have a friendly challange between the two cars ;)
You win on dyno for sure, no question about it, you should be at approximately 400rwhp at your boost level. Just unnecessary waste of money on you and my part that prove what is already a known fact. If you would like to do another one back to back at Dynoxtreme just for kicks, we can even do it tomorrow. I put my money on you even.

Now if you like to test "real" speed, actual real life performance just for fun. We can do a roll on acceleration to test the pure speed of both cars (this is where you should have absolute advantage due to power). From a dig, I will be willing to do a comparison regardless of power level (350/400/500/600rwhp). You already witnessed what happen to the Supercharged Viper twice when he went from a dig with me.

Last edited:
I would welcome both Scorp965 and NSXSUPRA to a dyno day. If you want John ill give you baseline passes at my cost on the dyno. Doesn't hurt to get get ur rides on the same dyno to see how it compares. Both your cars seem comparable , an old fashion 1/4 drag race would be interesting. :smile:

Last edited:
Back