• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab Turbo Stage 2

LoveFab Turbo Stage 2 Dyno

Here's the results of my first dyno day after having my LoveFab Stage 2 installed. She runs great and is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT car now. So quite and tame when taking it easy, but put your foot down and :eek:. I want to give BIG THANKS to Barney Demonbruen of Ashland Motorsports for doing the install and Cody for the remote support and tuning on Thursday and Friday. Cody you done real good son!!!

Dyno was a Dyno Dynamics which I've been told is the "heartbreaker" of dynos and reads 10-20% lower than a Mustang or Dynojet. Cody assured me I've got really strong numbers for only 8psi. I must agree after driving the car back to Barney's shop after tuning.

johnmccain1.jpg

johnmccain2.jpg

Last edited:
It was great to meet you John! The car is making some very serious power, epecially knowing what other cars made on that dyno.

The turbo is a T4 Precision 6152, which we specifically sized for John as his car is primarily used for road racing. The car spools very quickly and has a massive powerband. Have fun John and be careful!!!

Yes. We no longer use that turbo as Precision's newer turbo's required us to refixture our entire line. The new Precision Billet turbos are spooling as fast, if-not faster, and are making more power per-psi. We can size turbos ranging from 58mm all the way up to a 67mm within our same production kit.

We have an NSX in-shop now that we are converting from a 67mm that originally came with a competitors kit to a Precision Billet 58mm. We are also switching to an AEM EMS and large enough injectors to safely handle the additional power. I'm prediciting 7-8 psi by 3500rpm or sooner with the 58mm. Results will be posted when the car is complete.

Yes. We no longer use that turbo as Precision's newer turbo's required us to refixture our entire line. The new Precision Billet turbos are spooling as fast, if-not faster, and are making more power per-psi. We can size turbos ranging from 58mm all the way up to a 67mm within our same production kit.

We have an NSX in-shop now that we are converting from a 67mm that originally came with a competitors kit to a Precision Billet 58mm. We are also switching to an AEM EMS and large enough injectors to safely handle the additional power. I'm prediciting 7-8 psi by 3500rpm or sooner with the 58mm. Results will be posted when the car is complete.

When moving from a 67mm to 58mm, are you hurting the top end power? or can you still easily make 400rwhp on a stock engine? 7-8psi @ 3500 RPM would be fantastic.

When moving from a 67mm to 58mm, are you hurting the top end power? or can you still easily make 400rwhp on a stock engine? 7-8psi @ 3500 RPM would be fantastic.

I'm not sure how much power the car Cody is working on was making with the 67mm but if it was only 400whp then you will see no adverse affects in the top end, only faster spool and recover times. These new 61-62mm billet units can make 750+whp, and that 58mm billet is in the 600whp ballpark. to put it in perspective if you went with precisions newest 67mm billet wheel turbo you can make 900+whp. i doubt most street driven stock motor 400whp NSX's need that.

When do you think that setup will be up and running cody? I'm getting a kit fabricated right now and going to be using a new gtx3076r which is also a 58mm billet, i cant wait to see your results.

Congrats bro!!! I have the same set-up. Im running 7 psi. I made 442 on a dyno jet. Have fun with the new power!!!!

I have three questions:

1. Aren't ball bearing turbo's even better?
2. Would two small turbos produce equivalent power than one large and with faster spool up?
3. What is recommended HP for street use?

I doubt I will ever want more than 550 EVER. Prob just want 400-450 for street use.

45 day update...

Holidays and work have kept me from my toy, but this past weekend I was able to get the NSX out for a bit. Started right up after sitting in the garage for 30 days. Excellent cold start tuning Cody! It was maybe 20 degress btw. Still running VERY STRONG and I can't wait for Spring and my first track event. Traction with the temps below freezing seems to be my only problem right now.

Made it past the scales and confirmed my guessing...

photo10.JPG

Last edited:
Do you have the lovefab FI headers? Trying to understand why your car is down 50HP over the latest dyno's cody posted -- of course that was a mustang dyno vs dyno dynamics and different conditions.

I don't, but I'm confident the Dyno Dynamics reads low.

Dyno Dynamics dynos read extremely low. People need to get off the infatuation with dyno numbers. And FWIW, the Mustang dyno that Cody uses, is realistcally putting a correction factor in. Because the numbers that he is getting are generallly around where most DynoJet numbers are.

Dyno Dynamics dynos consistenly read about 17% lower than DynoJets, so long as the dyno operator doesnt input in a correction factor to appease the customer.

Totes you car should be booking if you put down 411rwhp on Carma's dyno. That would translate to at least 483rwhp-495rwhp on most non corrected DynoJets.

Back