• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Loving Norcal driving`

Just finished 8 day jaunt around the north, Reno-Tahoe-Redding/Lassen/Shasta-Eureka/Redwoods-Ft Bragg- San Fran. Ironic: temporary owner of TWO NSXes back home in Florida, while here in a rental Kia Sorrento on some of the best roads I have driven on. That last stint down US1 from Ft Bragg was killer in more ways than one (almost). And barely needed the Passport 8500 which was nice. Maybe did 50 miles tops on freeways.I must have said to the family at least twice per day "I'd kill for an hour in an NSX right now".To quote Monty Python - "You lucky, lucky bastards".Only downside is this crazy "let's shut the road down for 30 minutes for construction traffic" policy. Never seen that before and it sucks when it's 95 degrees outside. Happened 4 times over the course of the trip. Ugh. But balanced out by the willingness of slower drivers to pull over on two lane blacktop which was very unexpected and very cool.But overall, killer roads and I bet we only just scratched the surface! Thanks, State of California!

Last edited:
Shhhh. Stop telling people. They'll just move here and clog our roads!!!!!!!!!!

So when are u moving out here?

Certainly got me thinking. We shall see....! Complete lack of people everywhere was a big plus Belvedere. After Tahoe traffic, didn't really see many until a couple of hours south of Fort Bragg on the coast - Sonoma I think. I could write pages about what we saw - highlight was a black bear crossing the road north of Ft Bragg, just after an RV pulled over to let us pass. Would not have seen it if he hadn't done so, and the bear waited up a gully for us to pass and looked over his shoulder as we crawled by. Simply wonderful stuff.

^^^ Yep. Now I have 340 ponies with nowhere to gallop most of the time. Freeway on ramps are usually my high speed zones now a days.

Enjoy your trip. Hit me up if you're in San Francisco - let's go grab a cup of coffee.

Last edited:
Thanks Solidol, already back though - we were only in San Fran for the night prior to flying back early the next morning. BTW they seem to have recently renovated the airport Marriott, very nice now. Are any of you guys up north in the wilds though - seems like you are all either San Fran or Sacramento?

Back