• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low Fuel light out, no test in manual?

Section 23 of the manual gives a gauge test and a sending unit test, but no low fuel sensor test, I am assuming since it is integrated into the fuel gauge. My problem is the light. It doesn't come on when I turn the ignition on, or when I reach a fuel critical situation. Is the lack of light upon turning the switch indicative of a burnt bulb, or is there anything else I need to think about before I remove the dash.

My project for tomorrow after the dealer checks out the AC issue I have been posting about.

It's really funny how when you are layed off you are scared to spend a dime, but when you get a new job that starts in a week you now have no time at all because you now can fix all the things you had been putting off. Becoming unemployed, and keeping the NSX, and having all this time to spend with her, has gotten me intimately closer than with any other car I have owned. I would highly recommend it to anyone
smile.gif
With the exception of the getting layed off part.

Are you sure the light is supposed to go on when you start the car?

And are you sure you have actually reached a "fuel critical situation"? Remember, the warning light doesn't go on until there's only about 2.5 gallons or so left. If you filled the tank and it didn't take over 16 gallons, the light shouldn't have come on (even if the needle was on "E").

It's quite possible that your car is operating normally but you just never reached the point when the light was supposed to come on.

AHHH, young grasshopper checks the owners manual.....

Owners manual shows ignition on and no low fuel light glowing. One question answered, although I would have sworn.....
Come to think of it, I have never put more than 16 gallons in her. I may get brave and keep a can in the trunk and just see how long she can go.....

You have got to love these forums. Just when you are getting a little uppity about fixing all the things on your car that you think are wrong
smile.gif

I am just glad all you guys are out there and not totally condescending to someone in the process of learning as much about his passion as possible. Thanks all!

Tom, the same thing happened to me, I thought my light was broken, and one week work was piling up, I get up, goto work, come home, sleep, rinse, repeat. Even meals were provided (breakfast, lunch and dinner, how nice!)

Anyway, at the end of the push, I get outa work in the middle of the night, goto my car, and check - the needle is *way* below E, and the trip meter reads like 320 miles, which is way, way more than normal.

I got paranoid and start to leave the parking lot slowly, trying to think of the nearest gas station. About 2 miles down the road, the yellow light comes on (but dim).

These forums are great places to learn everything about your car - feel free to ask me for help if needed!
smile.gif

-- [email protected]

Tom, I too have recently become unemployed and now have the time to work on the car but reluctant to spend money for upgrades until I know where my next check is coming from, so for the time being I just enjoy the car the way it is and happily apply another coat of zanio! it's a zen thing.

------------------
johne
1992 NSX Blk/Blk
1995 NSX-T Blk/Blk

Well. back from the honeymoon, and it looks like the fuel light works! I was stuck in the hell known as Fri afternoon Miami traffic (poor planning on my part) and sure enough, the light comes on, slowly and dimly at first, but lo and behold, the longer I sit and the madder I get, the brighter the light gets... Yea!!!!!, one less thing I have to fix.... Now I just have to either accpet the fact that the needle goes below 0 before the light comes on or figure out a way to get it to work properly. Will I never be satisfied? Of course, as soon as I turn the key and hear her growl....
smile.gif

On a side note, the new wife yanked her cell phone cord out of the plug and shorted out my switch. This was after the door handle broke on the way to the rehearsal dinner. If things don't quit breaking, I am gonna start calling the car a porsche. Ask me about my experiences. 8K to buy, 8K in a year to fix. And it was a 944, not a 911. The car gods must think i like this kind of punishment......

NSX still makes me smile more than any I have ever owned. On to the next topic........

Originally posted by tomc92bb000059:
If things don't quit breaking, I am gonna start calling the car a porsche. Ask me about my experiences. 8K to buy, 8K in a year to fix. And it was a 944, not a 911. The car gods must think i like this kind of punishment......

NSX still makes me smile more than any I have ever owned. On to the next topic........

Your NSX has soul!

Back