• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low Mileage 91-93 or High Mileage 94-95?

I regret selling my last 91 Red/Black and after many sleepless nights I am back in the market. Spending limit around 39K, should I get another 91 and address all usual problems,windows, stereo, and snap ring? Or should I get a 93 or higher with 60K plus miles on it. I have owned two 91's they are great, does a newer NSX drive any diffent?
Sorry for the 300 word essay, any advice would be appreciated.

i too, went through the same withdrawl and faced the same decision. i had a 91 with 18k miles and sold it a few years back. i regreted it and last summer looked at a number of cars, deciding on a 95 with 70k miles. i notice no difference, other than i now have a T. bear in mind, i am just an average joe, who does not race and is not interested in modifying the car. i like it for what it has to offer. hope it helps.

Since you're comparing a 7-8 year old car against a 9-11 year old car, the condition and miles are more important than the age. Concentrate on finding a car that's in good condition and has been well maintained, even if it's a few years older.

Also keep in mind that any '95 is going to be an NSX-T. If you want the ability to remove the roof and let the sun in, consider it; if you prefer the fixed roof coupe and its greater rigidity and lighter weight, concentrate on the '91-94.

91-94
smile.gif

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

reiteration--if you dont care about the targa, and are looking 3.0 either way, always go for the low miles older car. ex: a 94 with 60k is really worth less than a 91 with 20k. It is all about the mileage everything else being equal. Both are more than six years old, and if the 94 hasnt completely depreciated yet, it certainly will while you own it. Theoretically, you have a chance at appreciation on a first year car, or a car that is one of a handful. So if everybody totals their 95targas except you--in twenty years you could have an investment
wink.gif
Even in their greater numbers(which will shrink over time) a low mileage 91 has already bottomed out depreciation wise, and will potentially gain value if low miles over the next decade.

so you can probably guess what i bought...

I have a 91 blk/ivory with 10K miles. I may consider selling. I would like $42 totally stock. Bose fixed, timing belt done, not in snap ring range. Window regulator done. All service history.

If you want the Comptech headers, airbox, cat back, by-pass pipes, coilovers, swaybars and 18/17 wheels and tires it would be more. Stock wheels and tires have less that 3K miles on them.

Private me if interested.

I'd go for a low milage (But exercised 91-92 possibly 93) in awesome condition.
There out there.
I know of a white 93 in AZ,part of this guys show collection (he has a garage w/ 6-8 pristine vehicles at his home in Scottsdale)w/ 19k on the clock he's firm @ $39,000.oo (so he says,although he "might take $38,000.oo) the car is truly bone stock and factory floor condition.In a way I agree the price is high "but" when I see what I want I'll usually pay above the going rate.
Possibly bone stock.
Or the earlier 91-92 I'd expect at least a few mods. (Wheels,Eibach's,Exhaust possibly more "supercharged?").

I feel the bang for the buck is 91-93's
As long as you are aware of what to look out for.<---------BAD SENTENCE STRUCTURE
smile.gif
LOL WWW.MYNSX.COM

The 93 also offers the dual airbags, which means you lose 90% of your glovebox
frown.gif

I guess for me it would depend on what the 91 came with. I don't like the stock 91-93 wheels, but if it has the 94 wheels on it, that would be a big plus to me. Also, if you ever want any kind of warranty, I had a lot of trouble finding a warranty that would work on a 93. 94 is as far as they were willing to go back. Might be something to look at --- if you want one that is..

Back