• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lower priced forced induction kit options coming soon. Please give us your input here

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARmg-22zDOg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARmg-22zDOg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My wife drove and I enjoyed the ride. Had to keep the speeds down, sorry guys...

I just posted this in the Forced Induction Forum and though it would have interest here.

I spoke with Cody Loveland yesterday and he is planning to be at CGI Motorsports July 21st High Performance Drivers School at GingerMan Raceway. This is a central location in the Midwest to to catch an up close look at Cody's newest turbo setup. He is also planning on bringing his 900+ horsepower NSX. And to make your day complete, we still have a few spots available if you would like to participate in our track day event (more details at www.cgimotorsports.com). Of course you don't have to register for our event to see Cody's cars in action. As many of you know, GingerMan is a fun track to drive and a good venue for spectators.

The kits work great on 97+ NSX's!

If anyone cares to inspect the turbo system and install we will be at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI from the 19th to the 21st for a couple of events. As a bonus, the worlds most powerful NSX will be in attendance, and assuming the track manager let's us give rides, of course we'll oblige :biggrin:

Nathan and anyone else who has PM'd me, they have been returned.

The kits work great on 97+ NSX's!

If anyone cares to inspect the turbo system and install we will be at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI from the 19th to the 21st for a couple of events. As a bonus, the worlds most powerful NSX will be in attendance, and assuming the track manager let's us give rides, of course we'll oblige :biggrin:

Nathan and anyone else who has PM'd me, they have been returned.

Where do you mount the Intercooler? I am sorry if I missed if you said it already.

We mount the Air-Air intercooler under the car, which has proven to recieve plenty of air. The unit rests higher than the lower brace so there are no interference issues with road debris.

The test mule has over 1000 miles since the install without a single issue. We literally haven't had to touch the car since we installed the system.

Last edited:
Here's another video that we shot while waiting for some NSX parts to cool down after welding.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0EoX6uwni0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0EoX6uwni0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Frank, we are using the same exhaust tips that we have always used. They are similar to the 2002+ style factory exhaust and finish the rear of the car of nicely.

Throughout this thread you say that the price is ~$8500. But on your website it lists the price at $12,000 (actually $12,00.00) for the NSX Budget System.

Is the NSX Budget System the one you've been discussing here? What is the actual price?

Thanks,
Casey

We still haven't updated the website, it's in the works. :redface:

The $8495.00 budget kit discussed in this thread comes equipped with an air-air intercooler vs the more expensive Water-air intercooling system. The high priced(and more efficient) intercooling system just isn't needed if the customer is looking for power levels at or below 400whp. Much above that, and the additional cooling benefits of our Water-air system will be needed.

Keep in mind that the retail pricing of this system is $8995.00. We are offering a $500.00 introductory/GB price reduction to NSXPrime members.

We still haven't updated the website, it's in the works. :redface:

The $8495.00 budget kit discussed in this thread comes equipped with an air-air intercooler vs the more expensive Water-air intercooling system. The high priced(and more efficient) intercooling system just isn't needed if the customer is looking for power levels at or below 400whp. Much above that, and the additional cooling benefits of our Water-air system will be needed.

Keep in mind that the retail pricing of this system is $8995.00. We are offering a $500.00 introductory/GB price reduction to NSXPrime members.

Cool, and thank you for the clarification. I think you would sell more products if you updated the $3000 lower price on your site! :)

HP performance

I have a question about the HP performance turbo. Is it not reliable or something because I sounds better. It is 9k for 600hp I seems to be have a bigger bang for the buck compared to the lovefab having less than 400. Heres a link of one running the 1/4 mile http://youtube.com/watch?v=kjFOAoSj8-0
This just seems like a better deal

Re: HP performance

I have a question about the HP performance turbo. Is it not reliable or something because I sounds better. It is 9k for 600hp I seems to be have a bigger bang for the buck compared to the lovefab having less than 400. Heres a link of one running the 1/4 mile http://youtube.com/watch?v=kjFOAoSj8-0

9k for 600hp is def not what HP recommends for a stock block also
i would think lovefab has 10x better customer service then HP but thats just IMO.

Re: HP performance

"Seems" being the key word in your statement. Do a little more research and you'll figure it all out!!!

Actually 600hp they say you can run on a stock block and they also say you can even run the 700hp stage 2 on a stock block, if you look at the video that car has a stock block and the front wheels lift off the ground. I came here for the answer I did research and can't find sh!t so I came to an NSX forum for the answer and can't "seem" to find it. I figured that someone on the forum has one of these kits and would have feedback.

Last edited:
Actually 600hp they say you can run on a stock block and they also say you can even run the 700hp stage 2 on a stock block, if you look at the video that car has a stock block and the front wheels lift off the ground. I came here for the answer I did research and can't find sh!t so I came to an NSX forum for the answer and can't "seem" to find it. I figured that someone on the forum has one of these kits and would have feedback.

Do a search for posts by user name ccathey and you will find more HP threads than you will ever need.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94824

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72290

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96310

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96980

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96525

Last edited:
thanks a lot ive been trying to search but hp=horsepower more than the hp performance turbo kit

then maybe you should search for "hp performance". :rolleyes:

Either way, go ahead and get the HP kit, and crank up to boost to run in excess or at 500rwhp. Drive around on the street for awhile, and come back here and tell us how much your rebuild is going to cost you.

I know you come on here looking for answers, but it seems you only want to hear the answer that best suites you. 500rwhp on the stock block, pump gas, daily driver will not last. Period. Now, can you get a way with it for a while, sure you can. But, it will eventually lead to some damage.

IMO, the HP kit does not have the fit and finish, quality, or the reliability as the LoveFab kits do. CCathey has the kit, and so does Scorp. Scorp acutally has a huge thread about this kit. He posted up a lot of great information that I think you should read. Do a search, and you will find it.

first off i wouldn't put 600hp on a stock block. I did search hp performance i realize that putting just hp is stupid. I was just wondering why I should pay the price of the lovefab when there is one out there that CAN produce more bang for the buck and it can do it on a stock block. If I were to run it on the stock block I wouldn't put the psi even near 15. I would buy the stage 3 if I were to get one and would need a built block for sure. Is the quality worth another 4 grand though is what I was really getting to and just wanted to see why I couldn't find much interest in hp when the price is much better, the lovefab price just sucks its 14grand for the higher trim kit and 10k for hp's highest. The problem with ccathey is he doesn't answer all the questions and isn't reliable he stopped posting and never put up another vid like he said

Last edited:
first off i wouldn't put 600hp on a stock block. I did search hp performance i realize that putting just hp is stupid. I was just wondering why I should pay the price of the lovefab when there is one out there that CAN produce more bang for the buck and it can do it on a stock block. If I were to run it on the stock block I wouldn't put the psi even near 15. I would buy the stage 3 if I were to get one and would need a built block for sure. Is the quality worth another 4 grand though is what I was really getting to and just wanted to see why I couldn't find much interest in hp when the price is much better, the lovefab price just sucks its 14grand for the higher trim kit and 10k for hp's highest. The problem with ccathey is he doesn't answer all the questions and isn't reliable he stopped posting and never put up another vid like he said

if you do a search on here, honda-tech, s2ki, and multiple other websites you will find that Lovefab is one of the most thorough manf. of kits, there customer service is 2nd to none and will always be upfront with what there kits will do "safely" not in perfect situations that only occur on a dyno. but appearantly there website updates are slow.. noones perfect lol.

Well, give Cody a call at LoveFab. You could probably take his budget kit, which is currently $8499.00, and simply alter a few items, such as the turbo, and the price will not go up by much.

I understand your point about the HP kit. But, you have to ask yourself, do you want to base your engine's life off of two users on here who have the HP kit? Or would you rather pay just a bit extra for LoveFab's setup that has been put on numerous stock motor NSX with ZERO failures to date?

The biggest difference between our kits and other’s low priced kits (there are several more coming) is that our kits fit perfectly without cutting or drilling the car. We use 100% backpurged and welded stainless tubing, not ceramic coated aluminized exhaust tubing. The biggest value in my mind is that our kits are designed right the first time which saves the customer thousands of dollars in the long run.

For example, if fitment was this far off for one of my customers, I would hope that they would expect me to fly out and address the situation instead of cutting their car!

DSC00524.jpg

FWIW cody, the cutting in the pic above WAS NOT for the HP kit. the HP kit does fit without cutting. that was cut for an old RM header/exhaust i think....

also FWIW as some know i have built a couple turbo systems now...in between them i got lazy so i ordered the HP stuff....

First it showed up 60 days late, (some stuff never even showed)
and the quality of work was beyond un-acceptable. I returned it all.
In thier defence i have seen others who own the kit and the product was nice, good welds, etc etc. Mine were terrible, welds sucks, coating was weak, fitment was weak.....

There are many kits and they will all make about the same power...8psi=8psi=8psi.....and on a stock nsx motor 8psi=400hp pretty much all day...its not about power, its about longevity, better parts should last longer...

Thanks for the clarification Marc. Indeed, longevity is the holy grail in turbocharging.

I'll be testing our kit during a two day event at Gingerman Raceway this weekend. If the weather holds I'll also be there Monday to help support CGI and their driving school.

Videos and reliability reports will come on Monday. If you guys need to get ahold of us this weekend, just leave a quick voicemail and I'll return your call as time allows.

Your tone for this whole thing is severely argumentative. We are trying to help you since you say you do not know the answers. We have seen several threads by people on here that have bought the 'better bang for the buck' (as you say) system, and they have had big surprises, and big bills. Bottom line...quality costs money. Plain and simple. If you want the help, we are offering it. Take it for what it is worth to you. If you are convinced that the HP kit is best for you, then go buy one.

Hey guys,

We ran the car hard for a whole day at the track on Saturday. The kit was awesome! Throttle response was incredible and the power was very controllable, even in very "moist" conditions.

CRW_0040.jpg

Unfortunately, the Comptech 4.55R&P failed before we could get any video. I wouldn't recommend increasing power very much with the 4.55 gears installed or it could cost you a transmission if they fail.

As a whole, the kit performed as designed! Charge temps stayed low and reliability was excellent. We didn't have any problems even though there was up to 3" of standing water in some sections of the track.

Does anyone want to barter a 5 speed transmission toward a discount from the turbo system? :redface:

Back