• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

lowering and air/lift kits- need help

I really don't know much at all about car modification, so I apologize for probably sounded pretty dumb with my questions... (although I'm sure some of you will let me know just how dumb I am, as usual)...

I have 100% stock/oem nsx, but I want to get wheels and lower it a little (and probably side skirts/front lip)... BUT I can barely get in and out of my driveway as it is, and most of the steep hills here in Pittsburgh would tear off the front clip if lowered... so it seems like I'll need some sort of air or other lift kit.

What is your recommendation for the the least expensive way I could achieve this (but still keeping with decent quality)? Estimate price?
(Do I HAVE to get aftermarket coilovers in order to install a lift kit? Or could the lift kit be installed on oem shocks?)

I'ts actually not too bad considering most air systems start @ 4k and can reach into the 7-8k range. There is another company that has full race coil-overs with air ride adjustability. they start @ 7500$. It is an attractive system form what I've seen. They even sent me an e-mail with an NSX owner that installed the accu air system. The tank and self leveling systems were put in the spare tire well to preserve trunk space. It's this car I believe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoCLILJlA2c

Back