• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lowering NSX

jag

Contributing Member
Hi. I am a new NSX owner. Not that I bought a new NSX, it's just new to me. It's a 95 NSX-t. I have seen pics of cars on this site that have been lowered and they look great! I don't know if it's just the lowering or the fact that they've been lowered and have 18/19" wheels. If you have lowered your NSX, could you please explain how you did it and how much it cost and how it affected the ride? I would really appreciate any input.
Thanks again in advance.

Jag,

There are basically two choices. Changing springs or changing shocks. With the springs you have a few choices as is true with the shocks.

Springs:

Eibach
H & R
Plus others

Shocks:

Bilsteins
Adjustable (Don't recall the brands)

I would expect you will here from the FAQ Nazi soon. There is much info here at NSXPrime. Read the FAQ. Search for springs and shocks. I am sure this will fill you in to start with. If you have any more questions private me, I have the Eibachs on my 1991 with stock shocks. Lowered it 1".

HTH,
Larry

I'll chime in, since I've messed around with the suspension too many times.

Larry is right, either springs or shocks or both. If you only want to do one and are on a tight budget, then go springs. If you only want to do one, and can spend more, go with shocks (Bilsteins are my recommended shock).

You can get Intrax, H&R, RM, Comptech, or Eibach springs that will work with the OEM-style shock. I believe all of these are progressive rate springs except for the H&R, which is linear rate. Intrax lowers 1.2", H&R lowers 1.5", RM is 1.2", Comptech is 1.2", and Eibach is 1.25". There is some variance within each product line, however, but it is negligible for street and casual track driving.

I just swapped out my Eibachs for H&R's, because I wanted a firmer/stiffer ride. My plug: selling my Eibach's for $275 + shipping, or if you drive to my place in Ann Arbor, Michigan, I'll put them in your NSX for $325 total. :)

Andie

I bought ground control coilovers. They ride just as good as factory. With coilovers you can adjust the height for ANY application. Where as if you buy any spring/shock setup, you are stuck with that height
frown.gif
. GC coilovers will run you about $1200.

Originally posted by jag:
Hi. I am a new NSX owner. Not that I bought a new NSX, it's just new to me. It's a 95 NSX-t. I have seen pics of cars on this site that have been lowered and they look great! I don't know if it's just the lowering or the fact that they've been lowered and have 18/19" wheels. If you have lowered your NSX, could you please explain how you did it and how much it cost and how it affected the ride? I would really appreciate any input.
Thanks again in advance.

Your 2 best choices IMO:
http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/suspension/suspension_hks.cfm
http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/suspension/suspension_HnR_spring.cfm

Regards
Enrique
Crazy4Cars Racing

Comptech's Coilovers work great too.
The NOT TOO STIFF (Whoever says they are stif is WRONG) Koni's and Comptech Springs (Repainted Eibach's?) You have adjustable shocks up to 100% of the soft setting, and ride height is adjustable up to 3" down I think.
and it only runs something like $1,300 or so with the NSXCA discount.

Originally posted by pronto3000:
Your 2 best choices IMO:
http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/suspension/suspension_hks.cfm

Enrique,

I've been wondering about the HKS. Do you have first hand experience with them? My question is about the top mount. The pics suggest that either the front or rear set has an adjustment for camber (or possibly caster if that's the fronts.) I like the current height on H&Rs, but the minimum negative camber I can get in the rear is over 3 degrees. I'd like to dial that back to about 2.5 except for at the track.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 13 May 2001).]

Back