• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ludacris' 93 Acura Legend wins title for least-flashy rapper’s ride

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/ludacris-wins-title-least-flashy-rapper-ride-153157764.html

7707a5e4-9a2b-4b27-b88a-07b12b3f4618_ludacura.jpg

Rapper Ludacris ranks among the most successful musicians in this country, and various lists put the value of his business empire around $75 million. There's the Conjure Cognac line, Soul by Ludacris headphones and other investments, along with paydays from his movie and music career. Most rappers have used such wealth to build a garage of flashy cars; a few even go to great lengths to make sure people don't mistake their Lamborghini for just any old supercar.

Which makes Ludacris' choice of a daily driver — a 1993 Acura Legend with 244,000 miles — all the more notable.

As Complex notes, Ludacris has shown off his Legend repeatedly to his Instagram followers, and in a radio interview last week, the rapper said he drives the Acura more than any other car he owns — enough that he's had to replace the engine and interior. "This," he said, "is my favorite car to this day."

The Legend was a huge hit in its era, so much so that Acura switched to using just letters for model names because the Legend brand was becoming more popular than Acura. Ludacris says he started driving the Acura in his early days around Atlanta, and would write lyrics in the car while driving to shows around the South.

"That's where the grind started," he told the radio hosts. The Legend "keeps me humble, it keeps me grounded" — even when he driving up to his private jet.

I miss my old 93 Legend coupe. What a great driving vehicle.

I bought the first Legend Coupe when it came out in 1987. Waited months for the intro and paid around $1K over sticker. Beautiful metallic Grey with tan leather inside. It lasted until my daughter skidded into a stone wall in icy driving conditions and bent the frame. :frown:

One of the best cars I ever drove.

I owned a 2nd gen black Legend sedan. What a great car. Looking at the pic makes me realize how good I had it when it was my DD. It was traded for a (then new) Lexus IS300.

The 2nd gen. Legend sedan+coupe is my fav' Honda/Acura offering, excluding the NSX- but of'course.

I'm now thinking if I should find a cream-puff time-capsule example gen-2 Legend coupe, as I need something to get around & nothing current really catches my eye. Not sure if age-related repairs (~20year old vehicle) would get to me, as I'm rather adverse to visits to the service-shop.

Performance was respectable for its day, and still a solid handler+cruiser. Doing the usual bolt'ons unleashes some power & adds to the experience?

I owned a 2nd gen black Legend sedan. What a great car. Looking at the pic makes me realize how good I had it when it was my DD. It was traded for a (then new) Lexus IS300.
Interesting, as I'm also considering an IS300 (though, finding a clean/non-rebuilt one seems to be next-to-impossible around this area).

Last edited:
You can modify Legend's, and they are very robust cars.
Even with OEM parts you can get a long way in tuning, 3.5L engine with 3.2 Type-II cam's and manifolds and you've got quite a rocket.
I do highly recommend adding strutbars to stiffen up the handling,

If your looking for one in the US i'd recommend ether a 4 door GS or a 2 door LS 6MT.
I've got a Honda Legend 2dr 4AT, full exhaust, ecu, intake, big brakes, coilovers, chassis braces, etc. awesome cruiser.

JDM versions are extremely high tech, you should check out the acuralegend.org forum the JDM's are just mind blowing for a early nineties car.

I had 3 2nd Gen Coupes. The best was my LS 6-Speed Coupe. First Honda/Acura I know of with a 6-Speed manual trans. 4 years before even the NSX got a 6-Speed.

Back