• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lurker intro

Greetings NSX prime,

Been lurking around the forums for 7-8 months now and I thought I finally make a introductory thread. Name is Linh from the Gulf Coast and I acquired my 1991 NSX with from a friend a few hours away. I've always dreamed of owning this car but didn't think it would ever happen however the stars align and now I'm a new owner of a 1991 NSX black/Ivory with 131k

Since I've owned the car I have replaced all fluids, oil pan gaskets, and rear driver axle all thanks to Primes wealth of information. I've put about 2k miles on the car and now the clutch is starting to slip on me. I was able to find a good bit of info on the car and previous owners. I believe I am the sixth owner and the original owner was actor Harrison Ford (Han Solo: NSXsolo) Pretty cool I guess.

Anyway, the car needs a lot of TLC. Timing belt was done in 2008-9 and has about 30k miles on it. It's 7-8 years old now so it needs to be changed. Clutch is starting to slipping so it's going to need a new one. ABS light is on. Brake light is on and one of the previous did a terrible job on the interior. I plan on keeping the car and restore the car to the best of my abilities.

Again, NSX prime is a great forum with valuable information that I'm sure will help me on restoring this NSX.

-Linh

Before and after pics

Last edited:
Cool history. Welcome! Clutch replacement is definitely a big ticket item. Hopefully the purchase price wasn't too onerous.

Cool history. Welcome! Clutch replacement is definitely a big ticket item. Hopefully the purchase price wasn't too onerous.

With stars aligning together, I traded a ap2 s2000 and some cash, totalling to a 16k investment into this NSX. I'm also figuring out that it will be another 16k to put this NSX back into shape lol... parts are super expensive, especially compared to the s2000.

My previous 05 Ap2

Last edited:
Fellow former S2000 owner (AP1, 2002) here, which I also traded for the NSX My S had only 32k miles when I traded it, too. Would've been smarter to keep it given such low mileage, but the call of the NSX was too much for me to resist. You'll find a lot of prior and current S2000 owners here and in that regard, you'll fit right in.

... the original owner was actor Harrison Ford

This was the very first NSX that I ever drove in back in 1994 in Salt Lake City, Utah. A neighbor of mine was the manager of a local BMW dealership that had taken this in on consignment directly from Mr. Ford. He brought it to my dad one night after work to see if he was interested in purchasing.

Gmeads,

Thanks for your input on the history of the car. I would be surprised if any of the previous owners chimed into this thread. Be nice to know more about the cars history.

Back