• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

M-5 pulled strong

I was driving home from dinner tonight, and pulled up to an M-5. He had half a car length on me coming out of second, then a full car length coming to the top of third. Has any one had a chance to go head to head with an M-5? Is my car just slow? The 0-60 time for an M-5 is listed a 4.8 sec. pretty fast.

That sounds about right. In street acceleration, a stock NSX should be roughly even with a new M5, with a 3.0-liter 5-speed slightly behind, and a 3.2-liter 6-speed slightly ahead. The M5 has 400 horsepower, but those horses have to move 4000 pounds of car around.

Ask him if he'd like to drive against you on a racetrack, where turning and braking matter, too.
biggrin.gif

I raced my friends 2001 M5, but he had 19" wheels and a passenger, while I was alone. 1/4 mile I beat him about 1 car length. But my car has slight weight reduction, bolts on and no cats. Its a 94 5 speed.

Yeah M5 are very strong....
Imagine putting that motor on a lighter body, like a Z3. I think it would run against Vipers.

Imagine putting that motor on a lighter body, like a Z3.

They DID put that motor on a lighter body, like a Z8.

I know Ken but on a Z8 its 3700lbs
12.6 1/4 mile

A Z3 or a M coupe weighs 3000 lbs. With a 400hp M5 motor in it, will run low 12s.

Some aftermarket tuning companies like Hamman or Hartge drops V8s on their 3 series Z3 etc.

Back