• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Married at 16...dad pays for wedding...it gets worse

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-wedding-16-year-old-girl-lives-caravan.html

In the end, making Missy's wedding dreams come true cost her father - who lives in a caravan and surfaces driveways for a living - a whopping £100,000.

But as his princess, who hasn't been in a classroom since she was nine and wants to be a glamour model, posed for photographs, her father Simon, 35, declared it was worth every penny. 'I'm very proud of her today,' he said.

Missy was just happy to be the undisputed centre of attention.

Her dress, studded with Swarovski crystals, and with a 10ft wide train, was so heavy that it took ten guests to help her struggle out of the Rolls-Royce Phantom that brought her to the church.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ear-old-girl-lives-caravan.html#ixzz0LwXLQbNs

article-1081355-02461D12000005DC-654_468x714.jpg

Check out the mom on the left!!!
article-1081355-02461D6E000005DC-94_468x337.jpg

Now check out the bridal party.I mean...seriously?
http://www.heatworld.com/articlegal....+You+HAVE+to+see+these+wedding+photos…/26610

And to save you guys the trouble of looking it up.

£100,000 converts to a hefty $164,076.16 USD!!!

:eek:

Her father is an idiot...She will expect him to keep forking out money throughout her lifetime.

Now that's money well spent.

Why would anyone thing they are "trailer trash" just because they live in a trailer?

Love that dress.:confused:

The dress is great. The friend is hot. She will never make it as a model. :biggrin:

article-1081355-02461D6E000005DC-94_468x337.jpg

Since when did we outsource Jersey to the UK? :biggrin:

BTW, is "caravan" English for "trailer"? Because this would make a lot more sense if so:
1000056430.jpg

1000056435.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure that's chump change to him.

I dunno read this again...
In the end, making Missy's wedding dreams come true cost her father - who lives in a caravan and surfaces driveways for a living - a whopping £100,000.

Missy said: 'It cost a fortune, but I've always wanted a big wedding and my dad has been saving for ages to pay for it.'

Doesn't seem like hes rich.Just saved for a very long time and is an idiot.Unless surfacing driveways pays that well.Sounds like he lays concrete? I must be in the wrong business!

Yes, "caravan" is British for trailer.

Best of luck to them.

Hell, I thought that the wedding industry was out of control in this country only. :eek:

Is it just me or does everyone look just a little too ... orange?

Nothing says tan unless it comes from a can. :tongue::wink::biggrin:

Missy and Thomas honeymooned in Turkey before moving into their own £18,000 caravan - a wedding gift from her parents.

It would have made more sense if they had swapped the numbers around and had an £18,000 wedding and a £100,000 home.

maybe the father is hoping it pays off and she becomes rich as a model?

I'm looking into the wrong profession and wrong types of homes if it means bagging me a hotty like Missy's mom!

***edit***
nevermind...... She's got a monster rack but somethings tells me they're not the brightest bunch, just a bit orange is all.

Last edited:
So is that the thing going on nowadays? Do dads usually pay for everything? And the brides dad at that? If that was me I would have said screw you! Im not the 1 getting married.If anything the groom should pay for all that crap.

Anyone on here wanna admit they paid for their kids wedding? :biggrin:

So is that the thing going on nowadays? Do dads usually pay for everything? And the brides dad at that? If that was me I would have said screw you! Im not the 1 getting married.If anything the groom should pay for all that crap.

It has always been customary for the bride's family to pay for the wedding.

It has always been customary for the bride's family to pay for the wedding.
Oh man my family must be way different then.We follow the "If anything the guy should be lucky im letting him take my daughter so he needs to cough up the dough" way. :tongue:

I paid for most of my own wedding. My wife's dad paid for the wedding dress and the champagne for the toast. My mom paid for the photographer and I paid for everything else.

I told my daughters that I will help, but don't expect me to pay for everything.

It depends on culture. Generally speaking, in Asian culture the groom and his family pays for the wedding; in western culture, it is the bride's family who pays.

Back