• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Matte Black NSX

I am EXTREMELY happy with the way this turned out. Took it to Source1 (NSXPRIME Vendor) in OH and his "wrapper" used 3M vinyl to wrap the car. Looks much better in person and no need to wax!!!

Plan on getting new tint, meaner side skirts, removing the wiper and other heavy pieces. :wink:

These pics were taken with a DROIDX so the quality is low. Working on getting a decent camera for some better pics once finished.

1323382084099_edited-1.jpg

100_2650.jpg

1323393987344_edited-1.jpg

1323384354795_edited-1.jpg

wrap the lip cause the gloss is throwing the wrap off, or better yet, sell it to me.

Does anyone know what happens when you wrap a car that has minor imperfections like rock chips? What happens to the vinyl that covers the chip? Since it isn't in contact with the paint underneath, I imagine there would be a little pocket of air just underneath that may lead to the surface looking off.

Or does it just cover up any imperfections? What about with clear wrap?

DUDEEEEEEE so bad ass!

How much?? man, I wish i did this on mine, for like 2 years LMAO!

Oscar

Does anyone know what happens when you wrap a car that has minor imperfections like rock chips? What happens to the vinyl that covers the chip? Since it isn't in contact with the paint underneath, I imagine there would be a little pocket of air just underneath that may lead to the surface looking off.

Or does it just cover up any imperfections? What about with clear wrap?

its pretty much just like paint, any imperfection in the surface will show through. the vinyl will stick in the chips and youll see it, unless its pinhole size, then you may not see it...

I like it, but the bright calipers do throw off the look. As does the ivory interior, but that won't be so much an issue after you go with darker tint.
Have you thought about the tinted parking light covers?

It does have a very intimidating look to it and I think with a few touches here and there would be very terrorizing to see approach from someone's rear view mirror, lol.

I'm very interested in the new wrapping technology that has started to gain a lot of momentum.
Do you know if the wraps available are limited to matte colors or just matte black? Or are the color and texture possibilities endless with the wraps?
Do you mind sharing approximately how much it was to wrap the whole car?

I like it, but the bright calipers do throw off the look. As does the ivory interior, but that won't be so much an issue after you go with darker tint.
Have you thought about the tinted parking light covers?

It does have a very intimidating look to it and I think with a few touches here and there would be very terrorizing to see approach from someone's rear view mirror, lol.

I'm very interested in the new wrapping technology that has started to gain a lot of momentum.
Do you know if the wraps available are limited to matte colors or just matte black? Or are the color and texture possibilities endless with the wraps?
Do you mind sharing approximately how much it was to wrap the whole car?

Colors are almost endless. I went with a Matte Orange on our shop car ( FX widebody ) and the color had to be printed. It is actually an ink color the shop printed specifically for our car. Pretty cool stuff. Gloss is also available.

As far as cost goes.. Obviously every car is different but the cost to do an NSX here at Source 1 is $1999.00. Quality is excellent of course. :) Just ask Fourring^^

I know shops out there charging over 3+ thousand. All in where you get it done.. That is just our cost. We have done several of them now and all turned out amazing. Our service manager Kyle has gone from Formula red to Matte White. Those pics will be out soon. It looks AMAZING.

Nice front lip. Where do you get it? I think it doesn't look good on your car. Please sell it to me :)

Ric, The lip is a Seibon. That was the last one Seibon had made a few weeks ago but if you want one let me know I will get it for you. I can tell you though if you thought the Shine was low this one will be even lower.

Is like buying a whole nsx NSX for 1.9K :D .... so, how about LBBP? ha? can that blue be somehow replicated? :D

Your NSX look good all murdered out. I need to go look at a youtube video on how wrap is done. Is it a PITA to remove?

Hummm, how about silver like aluminum foil wrap? I think that would look kick ass.

Colors are almost endless. I went with a Matte Orange on our shop car ( FX widebody ) and the color had to be printed. It is actually an ink color the shop printed specifically for our car. Pretty cool stuff. Gloss is also available.

As far as cost goes.. Obviously every car is different but the cost to do an NSX here at Source 1 is $1999.00. Quality is excellent of course. :) Just ask Fourring^^

I know shops out there charging over 3+ thousand. All in where you get it done.. That is just our cost. We have done several of them now and all turned out amazing. Our service manager Kyle has gone from Formula red to Matte White. Those pics will be out soon. It looks AMAZING.
Yes, I remember seeing the thread with your orange wrapped shop car. It looked very good and is another reason I have been thinking a lot about the wrap approach to achieving a certain color.
That price seems very reasonable for something that completely changes a car and provides a good amount of protection for the original exterior, while also being easily "reversible".

LBBP has a lot of pearl in it. I know there are options with metallic look vinyl but I doubt it could get " replicated" exactly. But could be close.

Here are some of the basic color options:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/Applications/FleetVehicle/
I wonder if something close to Championship White could be achieved? Although I think it may be quite pearly.

Your NSX look good all murdered out. I need to go look at a youtube video on how wrap is done. Is it a PITA to remove?

Hummm, how about silver like aluminum foil wrap? I think that would look kick ass.

It is not horrible to remove if done within 3-5 years. BUT like anything it will take some time to do. But does not hurt the original finish of the car.

They make a "chrome" look wrap.

Yes, I remember seeing the thread with your orange wrapped shop car. It looked very good and is another reason I have been thinking a lot about the wrap approach to achieving a certain color.
That price seems very reasonable for something that completely changes a car and provides a good amount of protection for the original exterior, while also being easily "reversible".

I wonder if something close to Championship White could be achieved? Although I think it may be quite pearly.

You can tint bright white. Basically color it to look almost JUST like the Championship white color. I may actually be doing that after the orange gets old on our shop car.

Let me answer a few of the posts. For $2k you have a brand new car. After a few years I will peel it off and go back to oem blk. In person, the carbon fiber pieces look outstanding next to the matte black. The matte black looks organic, as if the car was covered in a high tech Borg Star Trek skin. It literally glows in the sunlight!!!

Getting some Blodi signal covers soon -and will look amazing. New tint in the spring.

As far as the yellow calipers, my wife picked out that color. If it makes her happy...

The quality is better than expected. I go into Source 1 with high expectations and they always deliver.

The lip is great. If you want your car to look aggressive this is the way to go.

Last edited:
So just to update on Justin's Matte Black NSX...

He was kind enough to bring his car up from Ky for us to use it in the Cavalcade of Customs car show this past weekend. While it was here it had a couple changes :)

We added a set of 17/18 Volk TE37 Powdercoated Matte Black and his Blodi Signal covers. Car Turned out incredible!

roadjustins-1.jpg

justinslightcovers.jpg

3matkateers.jpg

Back