• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mature levels here????

Yes, the level of professionalism here is high.

My only complaint is that 90% of the posts are "Use the search function"...which is a lame post and a waste of a response.

Respectfully, I couldn't agree less. A waste of time is clogging up the boards with topics that have been covered in depth. A great deal of time was spent making Prime a wonderful source of information and knowledge; let's all try to encourage tapping into that vast resource. The less posts there are surrounding a certain topic the more efficiently one can find the answers. If that weren't the philosophy the FAQ would never have been created, for example.

Surely you agree that there would be nothing more wasteful than a new post entitled, "What's this snap ring problem I've heard about?" :wink:

Well guys I must speak my mind on this subject. While I only have a few posts here, and I've yet to buy an NSX {soon though}, I have spent a few days now just reading through various threads and I am blown away at the mature levels of conversations here. Being a member of my350Z forum I can't stress the the inmature BS that goes on there. I did'nt realize how bad it was until I came here. I hope to soon have a car and share thoughts and opinions here in the near future. So far everyone has been very helpful, thanks again, David Fontenot.

20000822-DezStickingTongueOut.jpg

You spelled "immature" wrong doo doo head.:biggrin:

Last edited:
It's just the occasional spelling and grammar problems that keep NSX Prime from being the undisputed most mature automotive forum. :wink:

It's just the occasional spelling and grammar problems that keep NSX Prime from being the undisputed most mature automotive forum. :wink:
Hey, stop making fun of me, we suppose to be mature here:biggrin:

BTW, welcome to Prime.

Welcome...I have been here for a short period of time, but most of the people here are very helpful and mature. They also make you feel "part" of a family. For example, I was leaving work Saturday and while on the highway a red NSX was moving quickly in my rear-view, but 2 lanes over. As he passed, he gave me a wave and hello as if we knew each other...I don't know if he's a member on this forum or not, but he made me feel like a friend/family member!

yes this is a great forum, great info and friendly members, unlike many other formums, from my years of experience, the Z forum is filled with kids, mustang forums filled with ignorance and the bmw forums are filled with arogant people, and think the M3 is gods gift to cars. Ive owned 4 M3s and never realized how great this forum is till I really started searching, reading, posting etc. An NSXer is a well rounded automobile enthusiast. welcome to prime!

One of the reasons I love prime is the maturity level of the crowd here. I've been on NASIOC, and since I drive a Z, I'm frequently surfing my350z as well, and like others have said, it's definitely full of alot of cocky pricks. To me, part of the allure of aspiring to an NSX is the fact that it draws a crowd of enthusiasts that aren't just immature kids (350z) or status whores (I'm speculating many F and P car owners are like that). I remember a saying I once read about Z and G35's being "reverse pocupines"...with the pricks on the inside. I also like what someone mentioned about the NSX being a "thinking man's" exotic...the more I think about that, the more it seems true, lol.

Welcome Davidf. Don't pay any attention to BATMANs - he's our very own special troll. Usually he sticks to FD > NSX trolling, but apparently he is branching out his repertoire lately.

Prime has been great to me. My first ride in an NSX was from someone I met through Prime and I have learned a TON about the car from reading this forum. It is the best source for NSX information I have found on the internet and there are truly some of the most knowledgable people in the world about the NSX that post here. Good luck in your search and welcome again.

When I first started hanging out on internet forums I went to Honda-Tech. I gave up on that site after 2 months and after I got my first S2000 in 2003 I started hanging out on S2Ki. I still check that one out whenever I get a chance but only to see whats going on in Scandinavia and the gallery thread. Most members on S2Ki are mature and very helpful but the few ricers and eThugs make it an childish forum.

I've been a fan of the NSX ever since I first saw a picture of it in 1990. Started checking out the Prime forum around the same time I got my first S2000 but never registered. I registered this time because I saw one for sale that I'm very interested in and if everything goes as planned I will buy it next month.
I remember telling my dad that one day I would own a NSX. He said that it would never happen but when I told him about the car I found he got very excited and almost couldn't believe I was going for it.
NSX here is like a myth or the forbidden fruit if you will. Everybody loves it but don't believe it is possible to own one.

So far NSX Prime has been a delight to browse and the FAQ section is unbelievable! Member have been extremely helpful and very polite in general. Keep up the good work!

I feel the same way about audiworld.com
The knowledge level there is VERY high. These guys have developed homebrew software programs to tweak their entire fuel/cpu systems. With that said, they are the biggest bunch of cocky, pompous, jagoffs that you'll ever meet. Not all of them, of course. There some great guys on there, but nowhere near the class of this forum. If you were to ask a question on AW that had been answered once 7 years ago, prepared to be royally flamed and have that thread stuffed into your face. Hardcore over there. We all know to search first...but geez..

This is a great place. I especially appreciate that most posters write complete sentences. They also don't use lol as punctuation and aren't too lazy to spell out "you" instead of using "u."

OH - and there is great info here.

It's just the occasional spelling and grammar problems that keep NSX Prime from being the undisputed most mature automotive forum.

You can often tell those who have come from other forum boards, as many bring with them their poor grammar, and then post that way on Prime.

Trying to read a post, that has no capitalization, commas, periods, etc., is very frustrating, and the main reason I refuse to frequent other car forums!

I love reading Prime member's posts - they are most often easy to read - and full of great information.

Welcome to Prime and the NSX community! The vast majority here are good, honest, and helpful car enthusiasts.

However, for those that you find less than intellectually stimulating Prime has a nice "ignore" feature in the User CP that is highly effective.

Hi guys,
I'm 33 and this is my first time owning an nsx. I bought mines a month ago. I don't golf or anything but I check out this forum almost everyday. I love having the nsx and its community that revolves around it. Its so unique. Thanks for all the good information in here. I'm on the other forums because I'm still trying to sell my other car. I can't beleive that the bimmers have a poor resale. I go in the other forums to check on any potential buyers.

Back