• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Maximum Column Width

NSF

Registered Member
hey - when folks include photos in their posts, and those photos are exceptionally WIDE (sometimes 2 or 3 browsers wide, it would seem) then the text of every post on the same thread (at least for me: iMac running IE 5) is as wide as the photo & i gotta scroll horizontally - or more likely, cut and paste the text into simpletext (apple's "notepad") so i can have a reasonable column width of, say, 80 characters or so.

My $.02 - the rest of the site (and all the posts) are SPLENDID.

-Scott

Unfortunately that is the nature of the software. It formats messages as HTML tables and the "message text" section is a single column for the entire thread. A shortcoming (IMO) of web software is that you can't easily force it to automatically resize content to your screen.

Do you have specification for picture uploads Lud? Maybe it is time to make some. I would say no larger than 640x480. Max 800x600.. any larger and it is a pain to read.

Back