• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

May 1st- Porsche Club Concours - Brier Creek Mall

Raleigh Area NSX owners - note that this Concours is open to all make/classes of cars. I participated last year and won a 2nd place trophy. In addition they are raising money for a great cause. Come on out!

On Saturday, May 1, 2010, Hurricane Region will again host our annual Charity Concours to raise money for Duke Children’s Hospital and the Children’s Miracle Network. Cars will start arriving at 8:00 AM to the parking area bordered by the old Camille’s Restaurant and Mason’s Chophouse (formerly Uno’s) at Brier Creek Commons off of US 70 and Brier Creek Parkway in Raleigh. Cars should be parked by 10:00 AM, when we will open the roped off area to the public for viewing the cars, till 1:00 PM. There will be goodie bags, door prizes, trophies and a raffle. The big raffle item this year is a closed practice session this fall for the winner and a guest, with Coach K and the Duke men’s basketball team, followed by dinner and a question and answer session, with a signed basketball and various other souvenirs of the day. We will be joined by the Triangle Italians Car Club as well as the other enthusiast clubs who typically join us at Brier Creek the first Saturday of each month. The cost is $20.00 per car, with all proceeds, less expenses, going to the Charity (the club does not make any money from this event). For those who are not familiar with this event, please do not let the term “Concours” dissuade you from participating. This is basically a “shine-and-show” event, where the participants are the judges (that way you can guarantee your car gets at least one first place vote!). We won’t have judges inspecting the cars with white gloves for originality and matching numbers. So please make plans now to join us on May 1 for a great morning with fellow car enthusiasts and a chance to help a very worthwhile charity.

John,

I would love to attend this and support the cause in your area as you did out here in New Bern ... and won "Best Import", however I will be flying back from Phoenix on Saturday May 1st.

Hoepfully I can get to the next gathering the Raleigh area.

Darrin

Hey Darrin, sorry you can't make it. Weather appears to be good for the weekend, and the Brier Creek Mall event grows bigger every month.

Lots of great cars attend. Come on out!

John,

Congrats on winning another trophy for the team! Now if I had been there...

Your Bro

Back