• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

May 22nd drive

The wife and I are planning on going for a little day drive for my birthday, May 22nd (Sunday)

If anyone else would like to join us we can meet up at the corner of E. Lake Mead and N. Hollywood, there is a Fresh & Easy with a decent parking lot there.

For the drive

1. East Lake Mead Blvd to North Shore Rd.
2. Take North Shore Rd. (Stop off at Echo Bay for some photos)
3. Continue all the way up to Overton for lunch.
4. Backtrack down North Shore Road/Moapa Valley Rd.
5. Turn into Valley Of Fire Rd (Stop for some scenic pictures at some point)
6. Take I-15 home

All in all i think its about 200-250miles roundtrip, and 3-4hours of driving roundtrip.

FYI, I have never done this trip before...was just browsing mapquest and thought it might be fun.

Believe it or not thats my wifes birthday too and I already promised her we do the dayout, movie, dinner thing. Sure wish I could go though. Take some good pictures to share!

We have church service from 10 to 11:30 am. Are you free for say a Saturday get-together for lunch or dinner? :smile:

We have church service from 10 to 11:30 am. Are you free for say a Saturday get-together for lunch or dinner? :smile:

I was hoping the drive would pull some of us together for a fun little time, but guess not :p

I would love to get everyone together though, seems like everyone has been MIA since the expo happened. Tom, Tom2, Danny, Virgil, Butch, Lance, Ray, Joe, Bryan, and Ryland! Calling everyone out of the woodworks! Let plan something together lunch or dinner sounds good to me! :smile:

+1 on that Shane! Even just a big turn out at C&C and breakfast would be great. I'll definitely try to support if I possibly can. Thanks for trying to put something together. bc

Let me know if you peeps can make it or not Saturday morning. I know Ray will be available too. :smile:

Suggestion 1: Meet @ C&C around 8:30 and proceed to Hash House A Go Go at the M Hotel for Birthday Brunch...... Suggestion 2: Traditional Bagels/Coffee @ C&C followed by 1st Annual Lamborghini Poker Run (Benefit for Diabetes Foundation) starting @ 10am Suggestion 3: Sleep in and dream about NSXPO 2010 :biggrin: Any suggestions welcome, but we need bodies/commitments!!!

Manda and I will be there in the morning 8ish at C&C, but we have an appointment with some interior design lady at 1130am. See you all saturday morning :biggrin:

Suggestion 1: Meet @ C&C around 8:30 and proceed to Hash House A Go Go at the M Hotel for Birthday Brunch...... Suggestion 2: Traditional Bagels/Coffee @ C&C followed by 1st Annual Lamborghini Poker Run (Benefit for Diabetes Foundation) starting @ 10am Suggestion 3: Sleep in and dream about NSXPO 2010 :biggrin: Any suggestions welcome, but we need bodies/commitments!!!

Shane, Happy 18th Birthday. So young and so much going for you:smile:- Hi Manda!(she's only 16!).

I can come for anything Virgil wants us to do on Saturday (poker run sounds good to me). I'm embarrassed to say, but most Sundays are out for the next 2 months. I...have....dog handling classes.... for my three puppies..... I'll bring one of them Saturday so Ray can use him as a CHICK MAGNET.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Danny

Last edited:
Charry and I will be there! See you then..... :smile:

I am committed to taking a group of Scouts climbing in Utah Saturday leaving tomorrow. Hope theres a big turn out. Have fun!

Red arrived first, followed by silver, then green, then blue, and last but not least, yellow, the birthday celebrant. Ace, our white furry mascot, and our equally furry Ray was also in attendance. Two busy moms (Amanda and Charry) took the morning off from chores and grocery shopping to join us @ C&C where we had our breakfast fill at The Griddle. It was certainly a pleasure to be together after a long hiatus, and a great opportunity to catch up with each other's busy lives. I think the topic re: NSX was thrown into the mix as well. After honoring Shane's special day, the colorful caravan roamed through Seven Hills Drive to enjoy the sweet sound of Shane's early birthday gift, and ended up at the M hotel where we chatted some more and eventually went our merry ways. Missed those that weren't able to hook up with the gang this time, but Danny will announce the next gathering soon. Ciao! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back