• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren Builds Next NSX - Jalopnik - Martin Whitmarsh

Not sure if this is more like the next NSX after Gen 2 the (2015) model or if they are mistaken and it's more like another Honda sportscar (S2000 equivalent) that will also be branded as a McLaren as well. Kind of like the BRZ/FRS setup between Subaru and Toyota

We know Mclaren already has a high end supercar "P1"then the low end supercar "12C" (which I'm assuming the NSX is it's rival here) and so now it would make sense for a low level entry sports car (FR convertable next S2000) for both.

I could be wrong and I'm pretty certain some more news will come to light to clarify it since it's been leaked out already.

Not sure if this is more like the next NSX after Gen 2 the (2015) model or if they are mistaken and it's more like another Honda sportscar (S2000 equivalent) that will also be branded as a McLaren as well. Kind of like the BRZ/FRS setup between Subaru and Toyota

We know Mclaren already has a high end supercar "P1"then the low end supercar "12C" (which I'm assuming the NSX is it's rival here) and so now it would make sense for a low level entry sports car (FR convertable next S2000) for both.

I could be wrong and I'm pretty certain some more news will come to light to clarify it since it's been leaked out already.

The way I had heard it the MP4-12C was the mid range not the low end, so something in the NSX range could fill that need. How did the arrangement for the Mercedes McLaren SLR work? Was it split some way like one company does the engine the other the chassis or was the car co-designed by both companies in a more organic way? If we knew more about how that happened we might have a better understanding of how feasible partnering for the new NSX might be? Could McLaren design the CF tub perhaps and that be the shared component between Honda's NSX and McLaren's whatever its called?

Back