• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MDX antenna vs. Shark Attack II

Here are some photos, Here are both antenna units and the extension that I made for the S2000 antenna to fit. The gray plug is off of the nsx antenna, I had switched it earlier. The extension will need to be soldered to the small pc board. The ferrule and chrome nut are used from the nsx antenna because they have the correct hole size and angle, you don't have to do anything to the body of the car.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 453
I found this old thread when googling NSX antenna options. Noone ever said specifically if the MDX antenna fits or not. Is this a legit option with no dremmeling involved for an NSX antenna?

Has anyone tried an MDX antenna successfully?

Swerve said:
shark ii works ok.

the easiest way to install one is to get a 1/2 drive deep socket of the same size as the nut on the antenna, without attaching the wrench, feed the wires through the 1/2 drive hole in the socket and tighten the nut by hand. you will have enaugh grip to securily fasten the nut.
For the following searches, to bolt my Shark antenna, after
half an hour of hard work without success (I must have too
big fingers :biggrin:)
I found a super easy way to do it. Like Swerve said, I used
a 1/2 drive and a little wrench that have the same width
picture.php

picture.php

I used the small wrench as a handle because without it, I couldn't turn the drive enough :redface:

Re: nsx antenna

has anyone just disabled the stock antenna altogether and just connect the antenna to a thin wire and run it across the back engine bay cover window, out of site? just have a wire out there all the time... better than putting any rubber duckie antenna.... the antenna is a bit too tall/long/ stock oem...

jim R
95 nsx
loma linda

sos says, with their two products, you can't use the ipod connector and their antenna disabler at the same time btw.....

At least for '96, there are two stock antennas in the NSX - the retractable one and the one in the rear glass. The radio selects between the two. So, if you remove the retractable antenna, you may still pick up the stronger signals in your area. Simply unplug the coax cable from your OEM antenna and give it a try.

I replaced the retractable antenna with a Shark a number of years ago.
I live in an area with rolling hills. The Shark is reasonable, but it does not work quite as well in the low signal areas as the monster OEM retractable.

I have a storage lift in my garage, and would bend the retractable whenever I forgot to turn off the radio before entering the garage. (Want to guess how often that happened?) So, the Shark was an excellent compromise.

is this company still in business?? i just ordered tru their site but the email was not valid anymore..trying to correct the shipping address coz paypal address still have my old address on file.. so im trying to email them to correct it but it came back not valid email.. i just notice this thread is 5 years old!lol
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

02 sensor socket works perfectly, even has the knotch for the wire.

Last edited:
The Best socket to use is a O2 sensor socket 1/2 drive , it has the slice down the middle for the wires and worked great!
Also I cut a piece of 3M clear from a old clear nose bra kit and made a protective "gasket" for the top of the fender before tightening it down

Are there any specific install steps I need to install the shark 2? Or any helpful hints? I saw the comment about using the socket to help get nut on.

Never mind. Found them on shark page.

Last edited:
I removed the driver side tail light after fumbling around trying to get the nut on using an o2 sensor socket. The taillight is easy to remove and re-install. You can see what you are doing and you can stick your whole hand in there with it removed.

Back