• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Measuring stance/ride height

So, one of the Prime gurus gave me some sage advice ("...[redacted] those results...go measure the car yourself. Go measure the ride height per the manual. Then, check the tire tread from inner to outer on all wheels. Get that info and call me back...don't worry so much. Its fixable but based on the results already reported, you have no issues. You wanna see issues? Come to my shop..."

Okay, it was a colorful but helpful (and sort of a big-brother type of) conversation. What I think he meant was, do your own research and get a second opinion (i.e. don't give up!) Much appreciated buddy!

Back to the post. I am going to head out and do the measurements. I know the points from which to measure. My question to the group is this...have any of you looked at your suspension measurements? If so, was there a reference point/document/website you used to compare your results?

I also am curious about what the measurements should be as the suspension sits on the car. I want to establish whether my issue is in the rails or suspension. If the latter, I will throw serious money at the undercarriage and have a sweet little rocket. If the former, I am going to turn her into a track car.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Just came in from swapping around the front wheels (left to right and vice versa), measuring tread and measuring ride height (unladen).

Wheel treads looked identical with uniform tread wear so I did not bother beyond measuring to a similar line on a marker.

The front suspension measured per the manual came in at 6.75". The rear at 8.5". Uniform across the sides.

I noticed both calipers were grabby when I spun the rotors. I may need to at minimum turn the rotors and maybe even rebuild the calipers.

Am curious how other 1991s measure up on ride height. I will say that my suspension was pretty tight (as in when I sat on the fender to compress the spring it did not move. Or if it did, it was an inch or less.) Same on rear. I also noticed the front shocks were marked SLO which I understand to be the Honda/Acura part number for NSX-only parts.

Last edited:
Back