• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meet at Automall in Fremont - FRIDAY night March 19th

1) Edub
2) MikeC_587
3) iCEE
4) 02#154
5) otto.joe (probably)
6) BATMANs
7) Makena88 (Steven)
8)BluryNSX (Danny aka Big Daddy :p ) and daughter so wont probably stay out to late..
9) Jack and Yo[/I]
10) Sir Stunna Lot

imma be down in the bay for the weekend, hopefully i can make it!

my gosh Jack, what kind of garage do you own over there? I'm free tomorrow night, mind if I drop by and check out the action? I do a lot of fiberglass work but nothing like what you do.....

Probably take my IS-F too since just got my new rims and want to cruise with it.

rick

Rick, when I said "there" the first time I actually meant Fremont on Friday night. Sorry for the confusion. My consultants in house bickering has me so frazzled I may have to can the both of them! :wink:

You and John look fairly qualified as possible replacements if they don't stop having these CAT-FIGHTS:redface:

Signed Meow-meow

1) Edub
2) MikeC_587
3) iCEE
4) 02#154
5) otto.joe (probably)
6) BATMANs
7) Makena88 (Steven)
8)BluryNSX (Danny aka Big Daddy :p ) and daughter so wont probably stay out to late..
9) Jack and Yo[/I]
10) Sir Stunna Lot
11) Aridon99 (John)

Okay Jack, since you've asked so nicely, I'll agree to be the official guest consultant :biggrin: I'll bring Simon and Paula with me too :biggrin:

soo... vietnamese coffee shop afterward? :tongue:

Yes.

BTW, I was going to take my GTO that just had a $15k engine installed, but since it was tuned for the previous setup, it already started to ping and detonate - thanks to the pulley and freer-flowing undercut valves.

Yes.

BTW, I was going to take my GTO that just had a $15k engine installed, but since it was tuned for the previous setup, it already started to ping and detonate - thanks to the pulley and freer-flowing undercut valves.

damn you dumped $15k into a Pontiac? :redface: Is your car really that fast? haha jk

Lately I've been seeing a lot of those GTP's I think with the vented hoods cruising around, one tried to race me during lunch yesterday! :confused:

Nice meeting some of you guys tonight. I haven't been in the Norcal section for a while, but I happened to run into you guys while I was grabbing some food at Rubio's. Maybe I should lurk here a bit more. Hopefully you guys don't mind an ex-nsx, current 370z owner tagging along from time to time.

Nice meeting some of you guys tonight. I haven't been in the Norcal section for a while, but I happened to run into you guys while I was grabbing some food at Rubio's. Maybe I should lurk here a bit more. Hopefully you guys don't mind an ex-nsx, current 370z owner tagging along from time to time.

It was good meeting you. Were you in the silver 370Z that I thought I saw?

Otto

I actually had the white one, which is probably the one you saw. I ended up going to Milpitas Square afterwards and ran into about 5 NSX's there also.

Cool. I guess it really was past my bedtime or my eyes are getting really old. :p

Otto

Here are some of the photos I took.

IMG_03351.jpg

IMG_03401.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_03663.jpg

IMG_03671.jpg

IMG_03701.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_03811.jpg

IMG_03861.jpg

damn you dumped $15k into a Pontiac? :redface: Is your car really that fast? haha jk

Lately I've been seeing a lot of those GTP's I think with the vented hoods cruising around, one tried to race me during lunch yesterday! :confused:

Well, it was going to be a simple head and piston replacement for a lot less $$$ out the door. Maybe around half that price.

But since the engine was apart and it's $3k to take the engine out and rebuild it each time, I figured that I mine as well do the other upgrades like some exotic valves, connecting rods, ceramic coating, etc.

I was told that once it's tuned right gears 1, 2, 3 will be useless with 275 tires in the back.

This is with 91 octane. And when not using the HP, it should get 28-30 MPGs on the freeway.

So far I haven't seen anything from Japan or Europe that offers power and fuel economy on pump gas - hence why I selected the LSx platform.

Before the engine rebuild I was catching and putting bus lengths on ISF and late models M3s on 280 going towards the coffee shops - knowing that I get better MPGs. :biggrin:

Well, it was going to be a simple head and piston replacement for a lot less $$$ out the door. Maybe around half that price.

But since the engine was apart and it's $3k to take the engine out and rebuild it each time, I figured that I mine as well do the other upgrades like some exotic valves, connecting rods, ceramic coating, etc.

I was told that once it's tuned right gears 1, 2, 3 will be useless with 275 tires in the back.

This is with 91 octane. And when not using the HP, it should get 28-30 MPGs on the freeway.

So far I haven't seen anything from Japan or Europe that offers power and fuel economy on pump gas - hence why I selected the LSx platform.

Before the engine rebuild I was catching and putting bus lengths on ISF and late models M3s on 280 going towards the coffee shops - knowing that I get better MPGs. :biggrin:

Well, it looks like I need to drive this GTO ;) BTW sold the M5, possible G8 GXP coming (maybe)....

Do you get 28-30 MPGs cruising at 70 MPH on the freeway?

Do you get 28-30 MPGs cruising at 70 MPH on the freeway?

Yes, if I behave and don't fall for the temptation of hammering it to demonstrate that at any given time 99% of the cars that are within visual sight of me will fall to my GTO's mighty power. :biggrin:

Combined racing, flogging it, city and highway is 20MPGs.

Back