• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meguair's Spectacular New Quik Detailer

Meguiar's has recently introduced a new product that is incredible. I show my 94 and it was recommended by a long-time show car bud who's won some national honors with a different marque. It is called "Ultimate Quik Detailer," and uses "Hydrophobic Polymer Technology." Who knows what that is, but it gives a brilliant finish to the paint on my car. It retails for $9.95 in our area (Denver) and can be found at most of the aftermarket outlets like Checker, Kragen, Auto Zone, etc. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Hey Ben, hope all is well with you and the family!

I have to say your car look great at the show this past Saturday. I picked up some of the new Meguair's detail spray and was very impressed after spraying and wiping down the hood of my NSX. It really brought out the pearl!

Thanks again for the recommendation!

HitMan (AKA: Leon)

Leon,

That spectacular NSX of yours make me sweat every show. The Meguair's spray detailer works well on just about any color and I could imagine that the white pearl snapped. BTW your car looked outstanding at Clement. We'll meet again, in competition, at ACC 08--good luck
(With a user of "Hitman," should I be checking my "six.." if my 94 wins something?) Take care and enjoy the good ones. Ben

It means someone in the marketing department got creative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobic

A very respected car builder/painter who does work for Meguiars told me their products are all marketing and hype. He said their salespeople even joke about this. I laughed when I saw him using Mothers quick detailer, the cinnamon smelling stuff when he's sponsored by Meguiars. I switched to the Mothers product and I can confirm it's better than the Quik Detailer and the NXT version of the product while costing less.

I switched to the Mothers product and I can confirm it's better than the Quik Detailer and the NXT version of the product while costing less.

I have to ask since I have used other products (Mothers, NXT, Zanio Gloss Enhancer, etc..) were you refering to the regular Meguair's quick detail or as they refer to as "Ultimate Quik Detailer"?

product_A3316.jpg
or this
product_G14422.jpg

I am always testing something new, and did notice a considerable difference with the Ultimate version, but am curious if this is the version you had feed back on.

Thanks!:biggrin:

I am always testing something new, and did notice a considerable difference with the Ultimate version, but am curious if this is the version you had feed back on.

Thanks!:biggrin:

I was referring to the stuff in the red bottle and they also make an NXT version that comes in a blue bottle and smells like the NXT wax. The new stuff I've seen but it was way overpriced IMO.

Maybe we will see High Definition quick detailer spray as a future product. I actually saw a hair care product in the store yesterday featuring HD.

Back