• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Members bailing?

I've noticed lately alot of members selling their cars in marketplace. Some have'nt been here very long. Just curious why.:confused:

I've noticed lately alot of members selling their cars in marketplace. Some have'nt been here very long. Just curious why.:confused:

economy hitting the shts. need money.

thats my guess.

look at the state of the dollar. costing me close to 20% more to import than it did last september.

Sub-Prime / Foreclosure? Maybe? Outstanding loans on the NSX? No more equity? Trading it in for gold? My 24K gold has gone up 3X value. Can't say that for my car.

I've notice a great increase of NSX's for sale on prime. 2-3 up for sale everyday.

Last edited:
economy hitting the shts. need money.

thats my guess.

look at the state of the dollar. costing me close to 20% more to import than it did last september.

agreed!!!

the only thing that came to mind for me... ECONOMY

especially for the members who's cars arent paid for...

That's why I'm super happy mine is paid in full, because the additional payment I'd probably be considering otherwise :frown:

Damn I hate that. Guess I could be next. Sure hope not. I hate to see the community fall apart.:frown: At the price of premium:mad: I do find myself driving the car less.

Sub-Prime / Foreclosure? Maybe? No more equity? Trading it in for gold? My 24K gold has gone up 3X value. Can't say that for my car.

Smart man gold is the best.

Selling my car because I bought Wifee BMW graduation gift:eek: Also preparing for martial arts tournaments this summer so I will be flying all over not in a hurry to sell it I drive it every chance i get. I have an itch of a white miami vice Testarossa but not sure of its gearbox.:tongue: If I do sell the car "I'll be back". :biggrin:

I wanted to try a different car and right now the prices are down, so I bought...

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Still considering it.

I am sure some of us got wiped out in the stock and/or real estate market....

Anyone still owns large positions in the Bear Stearns stocks....:mad:

Damn I hate that. Guess I could be next. Sure hope not. I hate to see the community fall apart.:frown: At the price of premium:mad: I do find myself driving the car less.

me too. im putting all my sports cars in the garage and driving around my beater that gets 30mpg. Even on the weekend, i think twice about taking out the fast cars.

price on gas is just killer. when i was moving last week. my truck ate up 25$ a day just in town :(

the worst is still to come.:frown:

I am sure some of us got wiped out in the stock and/or real estate market....

Anyone still owns large positions in the Bear Stearns stocks....:mad:

Just saw Cramer's "CRAZY MONEY" rant a couple of days on youtube and what a idiot!

told everyone they are crazy if they shold BS stocks and that BS had no liquidity problems.

"DONT MOVE YOUR MONEY FROM BEAR! ThATS juST SILLY! JUST SILLY"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b7_1205751955

hope that hot headed screaming retard gets off the air cause he just costed a LOT of people a freight tanker load of money.

Smart man gold is the best.

catch it onthe way up.

i think it will hit 1400$ :biggrin:

i been telling my parents to get in at the 600$ number. no one listened since they knew better :rolleyes:

but its getting to the peak. Just another bubble. high tech, housing, gold.... whats next?

we should all brain storm whats next bubble and buy into it :biggrin:

btw right now is a great time to buy a NSX. lots of great deals. Wish i had more play cash. :smile:

I'm glad I'm locked in on a fixed home rate and my note is very tolerable. I really hate to see you guys lose the cars because of the economy. This really really sucks.

I noticed that too. When times get tough, people start selling the toys.

I may need to sell next year when my oldest daughter starts college. It depends which school she goes to.

It's no bubble. Gold is not an investment and should not be purchased as such. When the banks close the doors and are handing out FDIC forms....will we be able to put a price on gold then? FED cant just keep printing money...its doenst work like that. 200 billion here 200 Billion there...Last time FED acted on a sunday was in the 80s with that double digit inflation and then around the late 20s...hmmm that was prior to the depression if I am not mistaken. It will be much worse this time around. Maybe if they repeal the 2nd amendment soon enough we cant do anything about it either. This should be a great couple of years coming up.

I enjoy hearing a about people who balk at the price of gas for their third or fourth cars. Makes me laugh. Cars have been traveling 140MPH down highways in Europe for decades at $5 a gallon.

I sell things to make money personally. If I can make a few thousand by selling the NSX in a month or two I will jump on it. If you can own any car without loosing money usually its a plus.

It's no bubble. Gold is not an investment and should not be purchased as such. When the banks close the doors and are handing out FDIC forms....will we be able to put a price on gold then? FED cant just keep printing money...its doenst work like that. 200 billion here 200 Billion there...Last time FED acted on a sunday was in the 80s with that double digit inflation and then around the late 20s...hmmm that was prior to the depression if I am not mistaken. It will be much worse this time around. Maybe if they repeal the 2nd amendment soon enough we cant do anything about it either. This should be a great couple of years coming up.

I enjoy hearing a about people who balk at the price of gas for their third or fourth cars. Makes me laugh. Cars have been traveling 140MPH down highways in Europe for decades at $5 a gallon.

I sell things to make money personally. If I can make a few thousand by selling the NSX in a month or two I will jump on it. If you can own any car without loosing money usually its a plus.

Just keep your eye on the dollar. When it begins to gain strength, gold will fall far and fast. Look at gold today, and look at the gold stocks today.

Just saw Cramer's "CRAZY MONEY" rant a couple of days on youtube and what a idiot!

told everyone they are crazy if they shold BS stocks and that BS had no liquidity problems.

"DONT MOVE YOUR MONEY FROM BEAR! ThATS juST SILLY! JUST SILLY"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b7_1205751955

hope that hot headed screaming retard gets off the air cause he just costed a LOT of people a freight tanker load of money.

I can't agree with you more.... Cramer is an idiot at best. I had a feeling that his followers are small timers. No real money would listen to him.

I'm still driving my not-so-great-on-gas cars and have no plans on selling my NSX (well, unless I get my hands on a nice 02+ Yellow :biggrin:). I have however, started driving my Integra more b/c it gets almost 10mpg more than my other daily driver.

Hopefully our friends here on Prime will be ok w/ the changes in the economy. I'd hate to see anyone forced to give up their NSX.

I may need to sell next year when my oldest daughter starts college. It depends which school she goes to.

Wow lots of really cool parents here. Kudos to you. I had to pay for my college out of my own pocket. I'm still on the fence though as to paying for my kids college when that time comes. Good thing I have lots of time to decide, but might lean to basically tell em to get a scholarship or get a job. Thats what I had to do, no reason they can't do it either.

Back