• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Met a zanardi owner today

I'm at the local cars n coffee today and as I'm about to leave I notice an old timer hanging out by my car. I walk over and introduce myself and be starts telling me the story of his two NSX
's in his garage. One white 91 and one 100% original Zanardi with 11,000 miles on the clock since he bought it new. Thus guy must have been his 70s! I asked if he would sell it and he said that it's going to his grandson. Even though his own son wants it real bad! He said he will be taking it to the next meet. I'll take pictures... Stay tuned!

Nice story!

A few months after I bought my NSX, I went to the local auto parts store, and in the parking lot (shared with a big tire chain) was a red NSX. The spot next to it was free, so of course I parked next to it. My wife and I got out, looked at it, and after a few seconds, I realized it was a Zanardi. I got a bit excited because when I was in high school, the local Acura dealer had a Zanardi (for a long time), and they were always nice enough to let my friends and me sit in it. I don't remember the number of that particular Zanardi, but I wondered if that car was the one I had sat in, in the showroom in high school.

We got what we needed, and when we came out, a guy was standing by my car, so I said hello, and we got to talking. He was the owner of the Zanardi, and he couldn't believe that another NSX was getting tires (I wasn't, just at the auto parts store) at the same time he was. He bought the car new… in the East Bay, so not the one that I had sat in. The car had 80+k on it, and it was his daily. I told him that they were fetching a premium now, and he was a little worried about the miles, but I got the feeling he wouldn't be parting with the car any time soon. Very cool meeting an original owner, and a Zanardi to boot!

Great story, what number was it?

Back