• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meth Injection Tanks?

I recently purchased a kit from snow performance and was wondering what size tank you guys that run meth injection are runnung. I want a tank that will last one tank of gas under hard driving, the guys at Snow Performance said I would probably need 7 quarts but that seems a bit excessive, and where is a good mounting location for the tank? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Just use your windshield wiper tank and run the line to the back.

I thought of that as well but am not sure if it is enough or not. I need to find out how much the car will use per tank of gas before I decide on what tank and location I am going to use.:smile:

I thought of that as well but am not sure if it is enough or not. I need to find out how much the car will use per tank of gas before I decide on what tank and location I am going to use.:smile:

That will depend on how hard your foot is into that peddle.:biggrin:

J. R.

Have the Snow Perf Stg 2 system installed. 95 NSX with GT35R67, A/W IC,8 lbs, 400 whp @ 5K ft. Estimate my methanol consumption at 5-6 oz per 200 miles of moderate to hard street driving. Will check with guy who installed it as know he had to do some controller adj, can't remember if jets are involved or not.

Willing to provide more specifics upon request.

TB

System was optmized to turn on somewhere between 1 -2 lbs boost, ~ 4.1 volt output from MAP sensor. Consumption was alot less than we had expected. Have my pics on 3 diff digital cameras - will cull'em and send a couple of good ones with emphasis on system.

Pics will follow.

TB

The washer reservoir holds about 1.5 gallons, which should be enough for most. How much the injection system is activated is determined by the way it is programmed and how heavy a foot you have. 1.5 gallons of injection juice goes further than you think.

Armando

Don't have as good a picture as had thought - but the knurled silver knob in front of picture is 2 qt tank filler. From this pic, you can see approx where the tank has been mounted.

Refilled tank last night and consumption same as previous estimate

Attachments

• HPIM0587.jpg
    HPIM0587.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 147
Back