• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meth, Water Injection Setups

Hey guys, so what are the options for Water/alcohol/meth injection for the old whipples? Can you share what you are running on yours and any other details on your experiences so far - issues, tips and so on?

Also, for those with aftermarket ECU/FIC, is a new tune required after adding the injection stuff?

I'm running an old 1.6 whipple (welded manifold) on my stock 3.0l 91 with one of A.S. Motorsports meth injection plates between the manifold and SC, running dual 126cc/min nozzles and 50% meth. Haven't drove it a ton to really share my experience yet, but i have my meth wired and can cut it on and off when i desire. Planning on dynoing it this November when i return to NC and can post more then. In the FIC you can make dual maps, one for meth on and one for meth off. Main differences is you'll need a little less fuel with meth as it supplements fuel, and can run more timing for the added octane. I'm running AEM v1 but could share my map with you if you're interested in viewing my timing maps and such.

I also have a 1.6 Whipple, on a 3.2L '00. I'm spraying only water, directly before the blower, through a 440 mL/min nozzle. My pump is up front, on the battery tray, and the 1 gal. tank is mounted to the side of that. There's a solenoid mounted right before the nozzle.

I'm using a controller that I designed and built, which takes data from a Zeitronix ZT-2, so the solenoid and pump duty cycle can depend on MAP, IAT, and RPM. I'm still working on the parameters for the pump and solenoid and have it set up fairly simply right now.

Tune is with an F/IC and RC 550 cc/min injectors; low-boost pulley making about 6.5 psi.

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was planning on taking some pictures to share.

Here are a couple quick pics of my setup:

Also, I have now started running the solenoid at 30%, 60%, or 100% duty cycle depending on boost, with some variation of the pump duty cycle within each range. It seems to be working well but I need to characterize the flow under a variety of conditions to really get it right.

Last edited:
Back