• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Miata passes Ferrari while racing

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bRfGS-YYWJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These little guys are fast and nimble :smile:

while mildly amusing, all it means is the guy with the miata is probably either more skilled or cares less about whether he rubs paint. i can post video of Ravi in his 270 hp nsx passing me in my 600 hp nsx. He's better than I am on a track. There's always someone better. At least the ferarri guy is willing to go wheel to wheel. Don't see that too often. Anyone can field a shitbox.

while mildly amusing, all it means is the guy with the miata is probably either more skilled or cares less about whether he rubs paint. i can post video of Ravi in his 270 hp nsx passing me in my 600 hp nsx. He's better than I am on a track. There's always someone better. At least the ferarri guy is willing to go wheel to wheel. Don't see that too often. Anyone can field a shitbox.

That's true, but it's just fun watching all those cars honing in on the F355 :smile:

true, but if it's stock (and how many ferarri guys modify?) it's probably a mid 13 sec car... and for something like $3k a miata can be made way faster...

I think the ferrari owner realized that his car was worth more than the entire rest of the field and let everyone by...

In that first vid, as soon as that miata broke away from the pack, he was gone.

It is fun to watch!

You can spend tons of money on a car but the best money you will ever spend is upgrading the nut behind the wheel!

What people forget is that your lap time is your AVERAGE speed around the track, so a momentum car has a chance against a fast car with a crappy driver. Which is why Grandma's 97 Camry managed to lap an entire PCA novice group at Mid Ohio. :biggrin:

Awesome videos.
One of the biggest factors to fast lap times is not caring about breaking or wrecking your car.
If you care about a dent, or blowing the engine, you're not going to be fast.

You can spend tons of money on a car but the best money you will ever spend is upgrading the nut behind the wheel!

Well, Senna's kind of like that - meaning he's definitely a risk taker, willing to always take a little more risk than the other driver, in the race :)

Last edited:

Holy crap just stumbled across this. That means alot to me Gerry!

Miss driving with you!

Totally agree with all above. When I had the NSX on the track, there were several cars I'd pass (anything from Miata's to Ferrari's), then there were other's who passed me (anything from Miata's to Ferrari's). The vehicle really doesn't mean as much as the experience of the driver, the compound tires, etc. The biggest advice I will give ANY drive on the track, live your ego at the gate and only focus your personal skill and nothing else. Don't try to "prove yourself" to anyone, once you start to do that, its when you crash your car.

Awesome videos.
One of the biggest factors to fast lap times is not caring about breaking or wrecking your car.
If you care about a dent, or blowing the engine, you're not going to be fast.

Absolutely. When you drop 100k+ on a car, you aren't going to risk that kind of investment on a serious race.

Back