• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

This Ford GT was white (and gorgeous :biggrin:).

Anyone assist me with linking photos from imgur? I hosted it there and cannot seem to get it linked into here...damn*d fotobucket. :mad:

SWEET!

Ryan's red rocket is off the lift and delivered to its 'new' garage/ man cave, so next up is Jeff's red Princess ;-P

Appreciate that Brian. Working with Mike to schedule, thx!

As for that white GT, very nice. However I really don't enjoy the murdered out look of many wheels these days. And that car is simply unobtainable. My understanding based on various commentary, is that it is purpose built (read: great for the track but not well suited to daily use).

We still need a new NSX (at 1/3 the price of the GT) in our group -- come on guys. Two or three of us pony up 30-35K each and finance the balance. I'm happy to pen a good fractional ownership agreement! It doesn't have to be new -- we have the right guy to PPI a lightly used car and maintain it for us. Consider me in if we can find the right participants. I still love the Red Princess but my impressions after driving the new car is that it is fantastic. I want access to both the new and the old NSX. Yes, I know the new car is no longer analog but nonetheless it is a lovely driving machine. And no, I'd rather not have a Porsche.

Best,
Jeff

Both of our NSX's have now been issued Historic plates, and since the majority of the tire/wheel killing potholes have been filled it seems safe to bring them out to play ;^D

Last edited:
Brian maybe in your neck of the woods potholes filled but plenty in the Farmington Hills/West Bloomfield/Bloomfield Hills quadrants -- be careful. I took Baby to work yesterday. Very pleasant but did have to dodge around numerous road "imperfections". Best,Jeff

We were ripping around the back roads of Indiana and Tennessee today and they are soooo nice and smooth.

Brian maybe in your neck of the woods potholes filled but plenty in the Farmington Hills/West Bloomfield/Bloomfield Hills quadrants -- be careful. I took Baby to work yesterday. Very pleasant but did have to dodge around numerous road "imperfections". Best,Jeff

A wise man once said

<big>"Remember the 5 D's of dodging potholes : Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge."</big>[FONT=var(--body-5_-_font-family)]
- [FONT=var(--serif]Patches O'Houlihan[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Route 28 which you take from Fontana Village to Franklin TN has a huge chunk of it repaved right in the good twisty parts, it's so smooth and nice. I doubt there is a road in Michigan as much fun to rip thru the corners on.

Route 28 which you take from Fontana Village to Franklin TN has a huge chunk of it repaved right in the good twisty parts, it's so smooth and nice. I doubt there is a road in Michigan as much fun to rip thru the corners on.

Rob - pretty sure you meant Franklin, NC. I just looked at it on mapquest and that route 28 looks wicked! Enjoy :biggrin:

Opps, We're right on the border, if we go west it's TN, if we go east it's NC and Franklin is in NC.

Points and Condensor ride today was interesting, given the weather. I took the XE as a Plan B, which was good, as the accumulated water would have made the F Type more squirrelly than normal. In fact, our route got aborted when one of the main roads in the Orchard Lake -- Cooley Lake area was washed away in a mudslide.

Our destination, M1 Concourse, inside the luxurious Suburban Collection garage suite was great.... the M1 founder spoke about the project, from the initial idea to today, turning what was once an closed GM factory to an event space for auto enthusiasts. Super interesting presentation!

Highlight... pictures from the loft, where wifey and I sat during lunch and presentation. I had commented to her about the latest group on the open track day, saying that is why I avoid them... always some jackass out there, ready to cause an accident at any moment by not following protocol and/or thinking that they are the next Jackie Stewart.

Sure enough. five minutes later, driver completely blows through the 180 turn in the 911 and winds up in the mud. I had looked forward for the driver to make the walk of shame out of the vehicle, but the M1 team was there quite quickly to tow her out.
4b6c0fbe5e8a11e6f66b6eeaf2d48c91.jpg
7622ff4d3df217108cd101cd9467827c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PJR: "why I avoid them" +1. Only way I put Baby on track going forward is (1) if a specific NSX event where everyone is fully cognizant of near impossibility of replacement of these cars and the consequences of putting an NSX into a guard rail/wall, etc; (2) high confidence level that event is devoid of hoons (read: fine running with the gang I know but not strangers); and (3) instructor (preferably Brian) in passenger seat. Otherwise, no thanks.Best,Jeff

Bump

Guys-n-Gals,

May 20th Sunday 11:00 A.M. to 1-2 P.M. A gathering of sports cars at Turbo Concepts.

6134 Gotfredson Road

Plymouth, MI 48170 (Salem Township – Detroit Metro West along M-14)

This is ¾ mile north of M-14 on Gotfredson Road on the east side, across from Karl’s Cabin Restaurant.

A hot dog, a cup of soda or water, and some nice cars. M/F restrooms available on site: Family friendly! Paved parking for some 85 cars.

Exotics appreciated. Turbo fans very appreciated as our host specializes in custom turbos.

No rainout date - if weather refuses to cooperate we take daily drivers there and huddle inside.

View attachment 153306

Looking forward to a weekend day without "liquid sunshine," and a good turnout at Neal's/Nick's event at Turbo Concepts tomorrow! I'm going to bring the purple boostmonster, if for no other reason than to see Nick's reaction when I pop the trunk ;-P

Last edited:
Spotted a blue R8 and a blue NSX going south on 275. Was that you Neal?
might have been my neighbor here in Northville...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How was the show yesterday? I was going to try to get out there for it, but have been sick the last few days (thanks daycare).
There were a good 20+ cars that came out for the show, and an excellent variety as well. In fact, just as I was leaving I saw Bmac's silver NSX arriving, so I turned around to catch up for a few ;^D

Est Fest 2018

Congrats to Cindy and Neal for her primo LBBP car nabbing the best in show award, at what was yet another outstanding Est Fest weekend!

View attachment 153565

Last edited:
Hass - Thank you! And nice spy shot your pal obtained there of the new white NSX.

+++++++++++++++

Toledo Cars and Coffee this Sunday 10th June? Been a while for me. Let's go!

Meet 8 AM-815AM at Ann Arbor (MI) Park-n-Ride, US-23 at Plymouth Road (Exit 46 of US-23).
Scoot on down there. :biggrin:

Back