• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Spotted coming off of I-96 onto 28th street headed toward Cascade (outer Grand Rapids area).. 97+ Yellow NSX, looked stock. I almost busted a U-Turn from the turn lane and followed.

Update: Apparently he has been seen in the Grand Haven area too..

Hey Jhae, did you ever figure/find out/meet who owns the mystery Yellow NSX ????

Nope... but my neighbor owns that detail shop on the corner of Division and 76th. Says there's a two NSX family around here that brings their cars to him. Says they have a silver one. I told him to find out who they are and pass along my existence.

Nope... but my neighbor owns that detail shop on the corner of Division and 76th. Says there's a two NSX family around here that brings their cars to him. Says they have a silver one. I told him to find out who they are and pass along my existence.

It would be Cool if we could have a West Side Bunch like they have on the East side :cool-new:

I will try to be at the Mega Meet. It would be great if we could get ALL of the NSXs there and go for the club trophy. Depending on how late the event goes, we could come back to my house in Dexter which is about 30 miles away. Salt water means is for the salt water swimming pool. Red wine is my favorite - have a weakness for Brunello. Juice, I would be great if you and wife and baby could attend. We have a bedroom available.

Brother, it's been a while. Once you get the date nailed down, let me know and I will do my best to get us there. With work going horribly, horribly wrong right now, I can't promise anything, but I would love to see you and your family.

Patrick swung by last night to borrow the wheels & tires from the purple car (seriously you vultures, I'm NOT parting it out ;-)

There's a wee bit more to the story that I'll let him tell in his own time..........

Brian

IMG_0567 by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Patrick swung by last night to borrow the wheels & tires from the purple car (seriously you vultures, I'm NOT parting it out ;-)

There's a wee bit more to the story that I'll let him tell in his own time..........

Brian

IMG_0567 by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Haha that's funny. Yeah so I need to borrow headlights for a project. But it has to be from an NSX that's just sitting up on a lift or something

I want to know as well. Too bad that I can't be there. If there is truly a need, I do have a set of NEW wheels available.

All I have to say is that Brian has the best parts car that I've seen in a really long time. There's a few remaining pieces not spoken for, so get your requests in before everything is gone! P.S. I have dibs on the trunk. :wink:

The real story: although I really liked my 91, I've been secretly lusting for a bit more power. With Brian to the west, Ryan to the east, Cody to the far north, and Source One to the south, I'm surrounded by boost. An opportunity came up to sell my car, and, sad as I was to see it go, it drove away about 2 weeks ago. We had fun in the car, and it really was sounding as great as it looked too.

After a few false starts on deals, I did not go for a FI vehicle after all, but a car with the 3.2 instead.... which seems to be quite a bit quicker according to my seat-of-the-pants gauge! I'm enjoying the car so far, which arrived Monday. My youngest daughter and I plan to be on Woodward Friday night!

On first blush, the 1999 looks like my prior car (all red, including the roof). However, no Jetz engine cover, and OEM wheels instead of the wonderful Pro Drive 17/18. The rubber was mis-matched and relatively worn in the back, and the OEM wheels are not quite flush, to say the least, so I was immediately wheel shopping. I had narrowed it down to a few models, one of them being the RPF1. Brian was kind enough to let me test the fitment by using his set on the new ride while the purple car is down..... very greatly appreciated!

My plans are to keep the car relatively stock... probably just wheels, tires, exhaust, bilsteins, guppy, mats. Everything else will be as God and Acura intended, including the radio. I thought about adding some racing stripes just to irritate Neal, but I'd never live it down. Or maybe some "Vulture Racing Team" stickers on the rear quarter panels. Other suggestions welcome!! :biggrin:

I try to tell people the 3.2 is noticeably quicker than the 3.0 but some try to say you can't hardly tell. Anyway, congrats on your acquisition. Hate to see that Jetz cover go, those are so badass.

First I'd heard of it. Just looked it up and I'd be down for it!

Patrick, congrats to a fellow vulture! :) That's pretty cool. I still have never driven an NA2 car ever.

September 7-8th is a Waterford race weekend, so that's where we'll be.

I've never driven a NA2 either!

Brian

Sounds like I need to set up a "ride and drive" event. :biggrin: I am sure you 500hp and 600 hp FI guys will be impressed. <not!>

Yesterday I bored Neal with a demo of my algebraic mathmathical calculations (on the back of a napkin, none the less) to explan why I believe a 3.2 is more than the rated 290 hp. I think he's still sleeping as a result. :sleeping:

Sounds like I need to set up a "ride and drive" event. :biggrin: I am sure you 500hp and 600 hp FI guys will be impressed. <NOT!>

Yesterday I bored Neal with a demo of my algebraic mathmathical calculations (on the back of a napkin, none the less) to explan why I believe a 3.2 is more than the rated 290 hp. I think he's still sleeping as a result. :sleeping:

Too funny - we saw that napkin when we were leaving and wondered what the heck was going on!!! :confused::wink:
Wish we could do the MIS Mega Meet. Oh well. Waterford is Priority #1

Judi

Bakers today?

anyone know a silver nsx (might have been a later NA1)? Saw one on Woodward Friday, plates of bassplayer on something like that...

anyone know a silver nsx (might have been a later NA1)? Saw one on Woodward Friday, plates of bassplayer on something like that...
Sounds like someone we need to know, whether an instrumentalist OR a fisherman.
Patrick, I like your new signature line ;-P
HUGE thanks to Tim for letting me partake in a taste of the V10 awesomeness that is his R8.....just, wow!

Brian
(our Stouts came out great, and are now in the fermenters ;-)

Sounds like someone we need to know, whether an instrumentalist OR a fisherman.
Patrick, I like your new signature line ;-P
HUGE thanks to Tim for letting me partake in a taste of the V10 awesomeness that is his R8.....just, wow!

Brian
(our Stouts came out great, and are now in the fermenters ;-)

Dang, I should have come out to your place. I hit up Bakers for a little while then went out to Woodward for a lap.

Hello Michigan NSX owners, I am a new owner in the Rochester area. Just bought a 1991 Belina Black and Ivory from Texas. Have a lot of questions I woul dlike to discuss with local owners. Do you guys meet up at all on a monthly basis?

Ryan

Back