• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Midnight_Raven's Build

Hi,

can't you adapt them to the OEM door locations?

mounting them in the triangle, even in your last and lower position, gave them a "sad"
look, or they are falling...

they don't look that they belong or that they are wrongly mounted... maybe
it's the angle that their post makes with their main house.

Can't you try a mockup on the OEM position so we can compare?

Thanks,
Nuno

Here it is I put them one after another so you can compare easily.

Last edited:
Hi,

it looks better... it is sticking out a little ... can the pole be more vertical so the mirror is more inward (or can the pole be shortned?)

but i think that the looks is improving.... just my opinion though.

EDIT:

after looking at it better... i think the pole is too long indeed... can it be shortned somehow?

Thanks,
Nuno

Last edited:
After I've let it sit on there a couple of days I think the mirror bases placed on the canopy side of the belt line is where it's going. At first I felt it was looking a little strange because it was in an unfamiliar location but once you get used to not seeing the stock mirrors on there for a couple of days and just having those mirrors on it actually looks better. It also helps make the car look a little lower as well for some strange reason. Either way now it's figuring out how to mount these and to make the filler plate. I think I got an idea on how to do it but now it's time to put it into action.

In regards to your last question yes Mracing has different lengths available for there mirrors. I bought my mirror with the long elbowed pole. They have a short elbowed pole, extra long elbowed pole, and then 3 lengths of non-elbowed poles.

Also I noticed a mistake I made in my original weight tracking spreadsheet so I updated and added a little more labels to make more sense of the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
with that arm length I think it would look better mounted on the little triangle piece on the lower leading edge of the window surround....imo...

Update: I've been working on other stuff in addition to the mirrors as the winter approaches. 1st I removed trunk antenna assembly and bought hole plug to fill it in with. I need to paint that before I go ahead and install it. 2nd I've removed the speakers from the door, the sub box,the bracket that secures the sub box, and the pioneer head unit that the previous owner had installed. Now I'm waiting for a SOS center console panel that I bought from Turbo2Go so I can complete that little task. Need to paint it flat black to match the rest of the interior. Also need to fix the cracked center vent trim and repaint as well. I'm currently in the process of removing the old epoxy from the interior floor pan and some tar that I had no patience to remove the last time around. I'm about 75% done with removing and cleaning it up (All that is left is the passenger side floor)

Driver Side Complete

Picture of passenger side before I started working on it.

How passenger side looks at the moment:

I have also created the molds for the oem mirror mounting covers. Need to determine if I want to have someone make it for me or buy the materials to make them myself.

The mirrors have been mounted. I bought some rubber washers and M6 screws to make the setup work with the oem triangle door pieces. Taped over the holes to get a feel of how it looks. I really like it I would say the mirror stalks could be better but for the mean time I think it looks good.

Last edited:
Update: Been primarily working on the floor pans. I was going to paint the floor black but decided I should just try stripping the paint off and leaving it bare. Once I'm done both sides I'm going to try to smooth it out as much as possible and then chromate coat it with alodine. I tried using citristrip to remove the paint from the floor but that didn't seem to work even with letting it sit on there for 12hrs. So I ended up just using a wire brush attachment for my drill to remove the paint. I'm almost done with the driver side looks good to me :).
In process pic

Final with some light

How it would look like normally:

I haven't done much with the passenger side yet since I was feeling a bit out of it these past two days. May start on stripping paint tomorrow for the passenger side. My alodine 1201 is also on it's way here and should arrive tomorrow. Besides that though my new clutch arrived. I ordered an SOS Sport 400 Hybrid Clutch & Flywheel which can handle way more power than I currently have at the moment. I decided against the lower capacity clutches because I wanted a clutch that can easily handle about 500HP at the crank (425HP to the wheel) which is my future goal for the car (This clutch is suppose to be able to handle up to 690HP=600WHP). This would give me a weight to power ratio of 2700lbs/500hp=5.4lbs/hp and for comparison sake a Ferrari Italia is 3075lbs/562hp = 5.47lbs/hp. Either way that's for the future so for now I'll just focus on those small updates one at a time :). I've scheduled the car to be worked on on March 16th hopefully weather works out in my favor and there is no snow on the roads at the time.

Last edited:
Update: Driver side complete.

In process picture of floor showing off how mirror like it is. (Unfinished area behind pedals, floor pan polished)

After it was done and coated with alodine to protect from oxidation.

Tomorrow I'll start working on polishing up the passenger side. Hopefully be done on Sunday if I don't have to work.

Last edited:
Wow I've seen a few people who polish their suspension over the years but you are the first I've seen polish down to the interior under-carpet aluminum!

The weight reduction table you have should be added to the wiki as well, great stuff.

Thanks guys. It's was a massive waste of time doing this to the floor but I'm finally done :). I was able to put the interior together but then I realised my driver side mirror connector is loose in the door so I'm have a have to take that panel off again to secure the connector. Besides that I also have finished epoxying mountings posts on the SOS center console. It's ready for me to sand, prime, and paint. Hope to do that this week and finish by next weekend.

Since I removed my stereo system I wanted to get a blank SOS panel to fill up the empty holes. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the SOS console comes with mounting posts and I didn't want to just epoxy the type-R boot and coin tray onto it. So I've been slowing putting on posts like the oem console. Now I need to paint it flat black so it matches the rest of my panels.

So I was finally able to finish up my center console today. Pretty empty looking but definitely cleaner looking than before and most importantly I removed about 15 lbs of audio equipment so that's good :). Also went ahead and installed my 6 speed shift ball since that is going to be installed this winter.

In process pics:

SOS center console.

Center Air vent (before sanding down smooth all imperfections)

Flat black applied and masking tape removed:

SOS console with flat black paint.

After a couple of hours of drying I installed it.

So interesting turn of events. I sign onto NSXprime on the 1st of the year and check the Parts for sale section to see these coilovers for sale. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186718-Bilstein-K4-NSX-R-suspension . Although it's a risky purchase (these coilovers have been discontinued since about 2010 from what I can tell) I decided to just go for it. I negotiated with Detlef a little to bring the cost down to something I'm ok paying for. What I liked is this look like a high quality set with custom made mounts for the remote reservoir. Now it's the wait game and all I'm wondering how much better(potentially worse expecting better) these will be than my current KW V3s. What I'm hoping for is that since it has been tuned for the Nurburgring it's won't be that much harsher than the KW V3. The spring rates are not much higher than my KW V3s (150lbf/in more in the front and just 50lbf/in more in the rear) so I don't' expect the ride to get that much harsher but you never know. Either way just wanted to update on the new situation and will update again when they arrive and I start the install process. Also will be swapping out to ARP wheel studs at the same time too.

Attached some pictures just to keep this post interesting.

Attachments

• 10873398_857088547687231_8203428588542837473_o.jpg
    10873398_857088547687231_8203428588542837473_o.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 10714497_857088604353892_5547763449597450630_o.jpg
    10714497_857088604353892_5547763449597450630_o.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
So you we're the baller that picked up those coilovers, I contemplated and then they were gone. Congrats on the purchase, please post a review

mint interior! it might be the pic but your ebrake lever needs some love!
Yeah that e-brake lever is like the only thing I haven't really messed with and kind of damaged during all my interior work. Not a high priority for me now but one day I'll get around to fixing it up.

You guys are funny. I'm no baller almost everything I buy is used. I think so far with the money of spent on my car I could maybe/barely buy a stock used NA2. Now the guys that can buy those are the ballers. lol

Update:
Suspension has made it through customs in NY. I'm guessing I'll see it Wednesday or Thursday.

Last edited:
The coilovers have arrived :). So I guess if it's warm enough this weekend I'll go ahead and swap these out for the KW V3s.

So I went ahead and started my install of these on Sunday. I've figured out where all the external reservoir are going to go. Most of them mounted fine just need to buy a longer bolt for the one that will sit under the ABS modulator. I'm also going to relocate the windshield washer fluid reservior where the old traction control unit used to sit. Need to make a bracket to secure it. These mounting locations for the external reservoir I think are pretty good I can get to the front ones from inside the hood area and the rear ones I can get to by sticking my arm under the rear spats. I put the car down and noticed the car sits higher so I think I'm going to need to drop the height a bit for this to sit where I want it to.

Last edited:
Well I finished installing everything on the car. Now it's just time to wait to do the body work and the transmission installation.

I ordered a 10x70 bolt from Honda and that was long enough to secure the last canister to the abs support bracket. Only downside is I was hoping this would be more accessible but I feel like when the car is hot it's going to be too risky sticking my arm down there because of the coolant hose. Either way it works fine when cold so that's fine with me for the time being. Maybe I'll consider getting longer hoses for the canister later down the road when they need servicing.

Also relocated the windshield washer fluid reservior to a spot that almost perfect for it. Created a bracket so that it's no longer tie wrapped in place. Looks much more oem now.

Last edited:
Back