• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Midwest region NSXPO caravan/transport thread

NSXPO are you driving there

Are you going to NSXPO? Are you driving there? Are you driving from the Midwest?

I am thinking about driving from Wisconsin and am looking to travel with a group or at least one or two other cars. If you are thinking of driving the 2000mi to NSXPO PM me.

BrianK

I am planning on leaving Cleveland, OH 10/5 in the am/early afternoon. Picking up I-70 in Columbus, stopping in Boulder area for <1 day, resume to NSXPO is my tentative plan.

john576 said:
I am planning on leaving Cleveland, OH 10/5 in the am/early afternoon. Picking up I-70 in Columbus, stopping in Boulder area for <1 day, resume to NSXPO is my tentative plan.
Do you plan to overnight in Boulder? Do you plan on I-80 from Boulder?

I (we?) plan to take at least a long power nap, likely overnight it in Boulder or just outside in Lafayette on 10/6. Travel from Boulder to NSXPO via I-80 appears to be our desired (quickest) route.

john576 said:
I (we?) plan to take at least a long power nap, likely overnight it in Boulder or just outside in Lafayette on 10/6. Travel from Boulder to NSXPO via I-80 appears to be our desired (quickest) route.

I would think that the quickest route would be on I-80, which doesn't even go into Colorado...

I have a friend (also a car nut) that has just confirmed he will be making the trip with me. Coincidentally, we both have family in the Boulder area, so stopping there is in order. However if anyone is leaving from the East/Midwest we could drive out together and catch up with family on the way back home. The main reason I was planning on taking I-70 over I-80 is due to smoother road conditions in OH, IN, and IL...well the Loveland pass is always fun to pass through too :cool:

I am forwarding the following post from Bryan Hunter, who is not a member of NSXprime. Please contact him directly.

---------------------------------------

Hi Midwest NSX folks,

I am considering alternatives for shipping my NSX roundtrip from Chicago to NSXPO and would like to know how many others may be interested. If we can fill a transport we can get a better rate -- something on the order of $1,000 roundtrip. It may also be possible to establish other pick-up points in the Midwest and still get a deal of some sort.

Please send me an email if you're interested - [email protected]

Thanks,

Bryan
'96 NSX-T black/black

john576 and mbartlett4
I think I am going to drive there from Detroit area if you guys want to meet up. I dont think I will be driving back I might drop off my car to get a SC or Turbo set up.
Are you guys still going via Boulder?
Brian

I am still trying to figure out if I am going to drive or fly. Are you interested in going?

Cleveland-->San Rafael

Our tentative plan is:
10/3 Cleveland to Des Moines via I-80
10/4 Des Moines to Badlands/Mt Rushmore area via TBA
10/5 Badlands to Yellowstone via TBA
10/6 Yellowstone to Salt Lake via TBA
10/7 Salt Lake to San Rafael via I-80

If wintery road conditions exist :( the Des Moines to San Rafael route will be redirected southward.

10/13 We begin the homeward journey. San Rafael through Death Valley, (Rt 9, 89, 12) Bryce Canyon, Grand Jct, Boulder, KC, St Louis to Cleveland.

Back