• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Military NSX owners

I was stationed in Minot AFB up until a year and a half ago. Could have afforded one while I was up there but 3 -4 months of nice weather, wasn't worth it. and almost inpossible to get a garage unless you lived in base housing. Got down to Omaha, and put the X search on hold to get married. Don't worry the wifey was worth it.(no she isn't over my shoulder) :biggrin: Now I am deployed and I am searching again, so hopefully I can join the service men/women NSX owners.

I picked up my 91 not long ago, USAA financed, been in the Air Force almost 10 years, E-5, and not being married helps :biggrin:
I am stationed at Hurlburt Field, and have deployed 6 times-I got to many toys cause of them deployments:tongue:
Oh, BTW to Nukem, Omaha's roads suck, and no I'm not driving my X here, just my truck visiting a friend for a week, downtown sure is nice though.

I picked up my 91 not long ago, USAA financed, been in the Air Force almost 10 years, E-5, and not being married helps :biggrin:
I am stationed at Hurlburt Field, and have deployed 6 times-I got to many toys cause of them deployments:tongue:
Oh, BTW to Nukem, Omaha's roads suck, and no I'm not driving my X here, just my truck visiting a friend for a week, downtown sure is nice though.

want to trade bases :wink: Yeah tell me about it, have to do an alignment on my DD twice as often as I should cause of the roads here

Retired Air Force....30 years plus a few months! Bought mine as a retirement present.

I had one of the best rides (ground wise) for 15 years. The all mighty M1 Series (IP/A1/A1HC and A2) There many days I miss the brute force, but my newly acquired ride soothes the soul!<O:p
<O:p

I had one of the best rides (ground wise) for 15 years. The all mighty M1 Series (IP/A1/A1HC and A2) There many days I miss the brute force, but my newly acquired ride soothes the soul!<O:p
<O:p

Mighty fine ride.

If I get extended in Japan, it's going to be hard not to consider bringing back a '90 J spec model in 2015. Just have to stomach the $10K+ premium it would take over a comparative US model. May wait until getting back to the US to do another NSX and bring back a BNR32 or similar from Japan.

Like combatdad, I too purchased my '91 NSX as a retirement gift to myself after 23+ years of USAF flying. I became very interested in the NSX after buying and restoring a 2003 S2000. After a 9-month search, I found a sweet deal on a red/ivory NSX posted for sale on Craigslist in San Antonio by, two-tour Vietnam veteran, Dr. John Labra. During the sale, I had the opportunity to spend many hours listening and talking with this Amercan hero about his combat experiences as a twenty-something year old 2Lt. I now feel honored to care for the NSX that he enjoyed and meticulously maintained for 22 years. My NSXPrime avatar is in his honor as well as all other Vietnam veterans, prisoners of war, and those still listed as missing in action.

I bought one after looking at probably 12 or so about a year after I enlisted at Luke AFB. It was fun while it lasted but I eventually traded it for a viper gts; which I just sold not to long ago.

I bought one after looking at probably 12 or so about a year after I enlisted at Luke AFB. It was fun while it lasted but I eventually traded it for a viper gts; which I just sold not to long ago.

I'm at luke also. I don't suppose yours was the silver nsx I used to see there all the time?

Oh, and to not get off thread: In the Air Force reserves. SSgt in V-Ops. Bought my nsx after 2011 deployment.

Just picked up a Black on Black 92 Nsx with 74k on the clock. U.S. army stationed at Fort Bragg NC. in the 82nd Airborne Division. i am also enlisted.

Any other Canadian Military members? Been in for ten years now. Medical Technician.

Although I am not in the military, thank you all for your service :)

Just picked up a Black on Black 92 Nsx with 74k on the clock. U.S. army stationed at Fort Bragg NC. in the 82nd Airborne Division. i am also enlisted.

Just moved back to Fayettehole, nice to hear that there's another around.

wow, i look forward to becoming a military NSX owner, you all seem too hardcore. "bought it my 2nd year enlisted", etc... damn

Shew yeah. I guess you'd gotta eat ramen and get a good loan and sacrifice for the car.

I'm an O2 and can really just now justify the cost. It's one thing to buy it, but then you've got to maintain it too.

MEEEEE but hopefully not for too much longer! I'm done. Enlisted with the Navy, and deployed with the Marines to Afghanistan for a few rounds of fun.

Ahhh my wife said she saw a black nsx with a white chick driving it could that have been you or your wife? I think it was on sunday I believe going down Bragg Blvd.

Actually that wasn't either of us.... hmmm, so maybe there are more here? Interesting.

Shew yeah. I guess you'd gotta eat ramen and get a good loan and sacrifice for the car.

I'm an O2 and can really just now justify the cost. It's one thing to buy it, but then you've got to maintain it too.

I bought mine as an e5 with fairfield county bah, now as an O2E and deployed again, looking to sell the 91, and buy newer one.

Back