• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mirror tap for radar detector?

Hey guys,

Is anyone running a radar detector using a mirror tap for power? If so how did you do the wiring? The frameless mirror on the NSX looks really well integrated in the rear, I can't find an easy way to access the power port ...

The NSX Wiki is a project taken on by Chris Willson at Science of Speed and our owners only Facebook group.
Several of our Facebook owners update and maintain the Wiki.
It is early days but it will build over time.

The Wiki will get you squared away. Just remember to plug the harness back in before testing as the plug being tapped is just the mirror side (not hot side). It had me thinking for a few minutes as the RD didn't fire up the first time. Other cars I had done previously, the hot side plugged into the mirror and it's obviously the opposite on the NSX.

Just remember to plug the harness back in before testing as the plug being tapped is just the mirror side (not hot side). It had me thinking for a few minutes as the RD didn't fire up the first time.

I read this before the installation and still made the same mistake with my Uniden R3 install...d'oh. Wiki was immensely helpful.

Back