• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mirrors ( haunted )

Last year when I would start my car and go to adjust my mirrors soon as I hit the switch the mirrors would start moving on there own and keep moving even when they couldn't go any further. Got a new switch put it in and problem solved. Now it's started again. Can anyone tell me what could cause this and it's not all the time? HELP! Please!

It would be rare to have 2 bad switches. Who determined that it was the switch the first time? Do you still have the original switch? I just want to know how they determined it was the switch that was bad.

The only other parts to replace are the motors in the mirror but I highly doubt they are bad since they rely completely on the switch to send them power.

Seen this on more than one nsx , you can get it to stop if you tap on the switch just right, can only be the switch.

No problem - hope you get it fixed.

Love the Happy Gilmour reference, lol.

I've had similar issues with my '91. Took the switch apart and cleared the junk and garbage build up inside works like a charm now. Bad design easy for stuff to fall inside, when it rains I refused to put my windows down to keep rain water out of the window & mirror switches and screws them all up.

Back