• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MITCH!!! whats with your 91 NSX??

I was at Ed Martin checking on th '08 NSX and saw yours being brought in :( Had the spare on, but to be towed in it must have been more than just a flat.
It'll have good company though, another black 91/92 one is there too...and its missing the front valance also :)

Dan Ciesniewski said:
I was at Ed Martin checking on th '08 NSX and saw yours being brought in :( Had the spare on, but to be towed in it must have been more than just a flat.
It'll have good company though, another black 91/92 one is there too...and its missing the front valance also :)

HAHA!! Everyone seems to have seen it. My brother has been using it as his long term loaner over the summer and this week managed to have TWO ACCIDENTS in it. The first, a girl ran into the front of it at IUPUI in the parking lot. The second, the passenger side rear tire SEPARATE AND FLEW OFF THE CAR sending him into a fishtail and spin on I-465. I have not seen the car and have not yet assessed the damages, but I think the car has earned a rest once it gets fixed. :(

I didn't look too close, but the front seemed fine, hopefully it was just a minor dent or so. You can go see it at Ed Martin, its in the service entry bay with the front facing the window. Its bro is out back in the parking lot :)

Dan Ciesniewski said:
I didn't look too close, but the front seemed fine, hopefully it was just a minor dent or so. You can go see it at Ed Martin, its in the service entry bay with the front facing the window. Its bro is out back in the parking lot :)

I was just there. Looks like minor paint damage, but the dealer is saying I may have to buy a new wheel for them to mount the tire on!! I saw the wheel, it is scuffed, but fine. No way am I getting soaked for the price of a new OEM rear wheel!! :mad:

Meeyatch1 said:
I was just there. Looks like minor paint damage, but the dealer is saying I may have to buy a new wheel for them to mount the tire on!! I saw the wheel, it is scuffed, but fine. No way am I getting soaked for the price of a new OEM rear wheel!! :mad:

goto *sigh* penske and ask who they sent my wheels too, they look great (its still there if ya wanna see em), and I think they even fixed the one I drove on too, so its worth a shot.....or make your bro pay :)

Meeyatch1 said:

oh ya, your clear bras ok I hope?? :(

and what would cause the wheel to just come off?!??!? did you just have any service that would involve the wheels being removed??

that must have been fun on the highway in thanksgiving rush hour traffic!!!!!! :eek: I wondered why they were standing around it looking baffeled for. hope your bro didn't "ruin" the seat too :tongue:

Dan Ciesniewski said:
oh ya, your clear bras ok I hope?? :(

and what would cause the wheel to just come off?!??!? did you just have any service that would involve the wheels being removed??

that must have been fun on the highway in thanksgiving rush hour traffic!!!!!! :eek: I wondered why they were standing around it looking baffeled for. hope your bro didn't "ruin" the seat too :tongue:

That NSX did not have the clear bra on it, but it will once the front gets repainted. ;)

As for the other part...the TIRE actually came off the RIM while he was driving!! The wheel stayed on the car. From what I understand the sidewalls are still on the wheel, but the center tread section of the tire separated and just flew off!! :eek:

Meeyatch1 said:
That NSX did not have the clear bra on it, but it will once the front gets repainted. ;)

As for the other part...the TIRE actually came off the RIM while he was driving!! The wheel stayed on the car. From what I understand the sidewalls are still on the wheel, but the center tread section of the tire separated and just flew off!! :eek:

WTF!!!!!!!
did it just fail or was the thread really low???
when my thread gets low I go out for some doughnuts :D
then I burn em down to the belts...better be careful

Dan Ciesniewski said:
WTF!!!!!!!
did it just fail or was the thread really low???
when my thread gets low I go out for some doughnuts :D
then I burn em down to the belts...better be careful

The tires were almost new, and had a ton of tread, so I am at a loss as to what happened.

could have been a puncture, and it deflated down to the point that it caused extreme sidewall wear, which will in turn toss the entire tread section off of the wheel, leaving the sidewalls. (my wife did this with the minivan last year!) She knew she had a flat, but decided to drive down the road to a parking lot. Well instead of a 10 cent plug job, she literally cut both sidewalls with the rim-lip and ruined the tire.

Women

call kuhmo and tell em you expect them to cover all costs...one way or another ;)

Absolutely, there is no reason for a good tire to do that.

I personally use these tires, and know a few other people that do as well. I have never seen, or heard of one prematurely failing. Be sure to mention the wheel and paint damage when you call Kumho. :smile:

Big_nate said:
Whoa! Sounds like your brother got quite a ride :eek: Glad nobody was hurt. Still sure about that whole winter beater thing? :biggrin:

Nate

Yep....snow tires have already arrived, and that tire thing could have happened in any car. :)

Back