• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mitsu EVO runs a 10.01 in the 1/4

I am working on getting a video of it, Also the car still has almost everything in it. He is going back tonight going for 9's should run a 9.xxx @145+

That's awesome and would like to see it, but I just wish they would give them a much more attractive skin. :rolleyes:

Ryanmcd2 said:
http://forum.vwsport.com/dload.php?action=file&id=2901

Here is the link, I had my NSX for 5 years and had my evo for 1. In 1 year they have this car in the LOW 10's and in 13 the NSX still has not even hit the 9's :) Oh well.

Again you put down the NSX. Are you just trying to make yourself feel better for getting rid of an exotic for a mitsu?

Shouldn't you be posting to a EVO site?? Why are you posting this on a NSX SITE :confused:

I just think the NSX needs better aftermarket support and that's why I sold it. I posted the link because it's a new car and running low 10's. I also read this site and have been here for a while and I can post what I want to, it's off topic right?

NetViper said:
Again you put down the NSX. Are you just trying to make yourself feel better for getting rid of an exotic for a mitsu?

Shouldn't you be posting to a EVO site?? Why are you posting this on a NSX SITE :confused:

Ryanmcd2 said:
I just think the NSX needs better aftermarket support and that's why I sold it. I posted the link because it's a new car and running low 10's. I also read this site and have been here for a while and I can post what I want to, it's off topic right?

It is off topic, but no need to down the NSX while posting.

It is an impressive run no doubt. I think FactorX will be able to match it shortly and without NOS.

without nos it was a 10.5, and it did not cost 30k to do that, maybe 10k

NetViper said:
It is off topic, but no need to down the NSX while posting.

It is an impressive run no doubt. I think FactorX will be able to match it shortly and without NOS.

Ryanmcd2 said:
without nos it was a 10.5, and it did not cost 30k to do that, maybe 10k

I could take that 10-15k and make a Ford Festiva fast, but that doesn't mean that I would ever want to drive it. Impressive numbers, but that has nothing to do with what is important or how desirable a vehicle is unless all you want is good 1/4 mile times.

Who cares?

You can go to any drag strip across the country and find all manner of cars who turn <10.

Old Chevies, Mustangs, etc. I even saw an old AMC Gremlin turn a 9.75.

And the point is....

:rolleyes:

Actually, that old Gremlin looked better than the 4 door Mitsu.

Yet another person (an ex-NSX owner sadly enough) who thinks less of the NSX because of its slow quarter mile times.

Do you know I can buy a damn nice Yamaha 4wheeler for 6 grand, with a winch and 4wd that can pretty much go anywhere I'd like it to go. You don't hear me downing the NSX because it cost so much more but can't take me through the woods.

Im sooo tired of "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" people whining about the NSX's lack of performance in the quarter mile. However, I really enjoy giving tickets to drag racers when I work :)

NetViper said:

Yep he is telling what he thinks about these two cars.
Oh, and here you are complaining about AMG's.
How is that any different, then what he is doing?

AMG

Arata said:

AMG

I am not complaining about AMG. Maybe you should learn to read better?

Arata said:

AMG
Even if he was complaining about AMG, unless you missed it, this is an NSX, not an AMG, site.

lol, Also the evo is faster around a track then the NSX. Also it seems people are here for that image thing, So if I had a Ferrari you would say "The NSX can do that for a lot less" So I bought a evo now you say it's a cheap POS lol. Can't win with you guys. Also tell Honda to make something fast. The evo chitbox for 28k new can kill in in EVERY category stock.

But everyone goes apeshit about the Factor-x car.

NSXnBRLA said:
Yet another person (an ex-NSX owner sadly enough) who thinks less of the NSX because of its slow quarter mile times.

Do you know I can buy a damn nice Yamaha 4wheeler for 6 grand, with a winch and 4wd that can pretty much go anywhere I'd like it to go. You don't hear me downing the NSX because it cost so much more but can't take me through the woods.

Im sooo tired of "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" people whining about the NSX's lack of performance in the quarter mile. However, I really enjoy giving tickets to drag racers when I work :)

Do you not have any friends on the EVO site? Is that why you post here about your incredible 28K POS track/1/4 mile GOD that ANYONE on this site could buy if they wanted.

I don't get it? I mean, I post on ferrarichat all the time, but I never say "My NSX is faster than your ferrari for 1/2 price". They do not care because they own a beautiful exotic car - just like we own a beautiful exotic car, but alas you do not.

I saw a EVO with a BIIIIGGGG wing on the back at the gas station the other night. WHen the driver noticed me he called out to me.
He asked me if I liked my NSX and I said "yes" and then asked me if I knew what his car was and again I said "yes".
The cocky young man then told me how it was one of the three best handling cars in the world and easily one of the fastest.

I replied that 2 out of three ain't bad, to which he replied "what do you mean"?

I replied
"Well I'm already ugly, I don't want my car to be too".

The EVO's are fast but not the fastest. They turn 2:50 stock @ Road America. An ITR stock turns a 2:50. A GSR stock turns 3:00. A stock NSX turns 2:50 I have seen a few modded EVO's run 2:40's, and I have seen modded NSX's turn 2:30's and few have cracked 2:29.

On a short track, The EVO will probably fare better. Top speed = NSX. 1/4 = EVO. Classy admirers = NSX. High School kids = EVO

To each their own. I honestly have waited for 10 years for the car to come, so I will NOT knock an EVO or WRX. I love them all. I would rather pick on Domestic cars. :D

Ryanmcd2 said:
lol I knew you would say something, good luck finding a job man, maybe you could work for Mitsu selling Evo's?

Good comeback ;)

Ryanmcd2 said:
lol I knew you would say something, good luck finding a job man, maybe you could work for Mitsu selling Evo's?

Talking trash about cars is one thing, but there is no need to throw around low brow comments that poke fun at someone for being out of work.

Back