• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mobil 1 $5 a quart

LMR

Legendary Member
Pep Boys has Mobil 1 at $5.00 a quart while supplies last:eek:. I just picked up 24 quarts:biggrin:

This is not a thread about which oil is best

Last edited:
I would return it all and upgrade to Pennzoil Ultra from walmart.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133744&highlight=pennzoil

AMSOIL_SSO.jpg

damn thats a smokin deal.. but what about Royal Purple i heard its better than mobil 1 im not sure which to choose from? info plz

The "Oil Debate" is hotly contested and if you search, you'll find a plethora of threads about it.

I'm an AMSOIL convert, fwiw.

damn thats a smokin deal.. but what about Royal Purple i heard its better than mobil 1 im not sure which to choose from? info plz

I wouldn't touch RP. IMHO worse than Mobil 1 based on my RX7 buddies experience.

If u want the best in synthetic then here are the top 4 that I will and have used:

Torco (only ones that make a GL-6 gear oil and the military uses this brand in their UAV)
Neo Oil (they are used in Formula 1 teams with many teams)
Amsoil
pennzoil Ultra (Ferrari openly endorses them in their very expensive engines. Yes since Shell bought Pennzoil it's WAY better now. Formula has changed. And some of u remember Rotella oil from Shell as being one of the best dyno oil since it has high zinc content to protect engines. Apparently that is one of key ingredients that is used in the pennzoil Ultra.

Hey guys this was not a thread about which oil is best!!
It's for people who use Mobil 1 and want to get it a great price:wink:

Last edited:
Interesting. The local engine builders around here (mostly domestic sprint car engines) think RP is pretty good. Really though, for the most part, I think it's just splitting hairs.

Here's the AMSOIL four-ball test with some of some popular engine oils:

RD30_FourBall_400.jpg

Torco doesn't do so well.

Last edited:
Interesting. The local engine builders around here (mostly domestic sprint car engines) think RP is pretty good. Really though, for the most part, I think it's just splitting hairs.

Here's the AMSOIL four-ball test with some of some popular engine builders:

RD30_FourBall_400.jpg

Torco doesn't do so well.

Do u know when that test was conducted and which model oil for both Amsoil and Torco?

I heard about Torco when the GTO guys were looking for a better LSD fluid (it's a strange conical type that's fussy over what lubricants to use or it starts to make clattering noises) and after a few people spent time and $$$ on *name that brand* they decided that Torco's GL-6 was the way to go. Amsoil was in that comparison as well (LSx guys love the Amsoil Syncromesh).

Also, I really can't imagine that the US military didn't include Amsoil in the study when they eventually figured that Torco was the route to go on their multi-million $$$ UAVs.

Do u know when that test was conducted and which model oil for both Amsoil and Torco?

AMSOIL RD30 vs. Torco 5W30. "As tested by an independent lab in June, 2008."

I heard about Torco when the GTO guys were looking for a better LSD fluid (it's a strange conical type that's fussy over what lubricants to use or it starts to make clattering noises) and after a few people spent time and $$$ on *name that brand* they decided that Torco's GL-6 was the way to go. Amsoil was in that comparison as well (LSx guys love the Amsoil Syncromesh).

I thought we're discussing engine oil? In any event, I think you'll realize that different vehicles like different stuff. i.e., my diff likes a combo of Motul and Honda fluid.

Also, I really can't imagine that the US military didn't include Amsoil in the study when they eventually figured that Torco was the route to go on their multi-million $$$ UAVs.

Whichever oil the military uses, I hope they're highly effective in dispatching terrorists appropriately. :thumbup:

Hey Pony and Bat, which part of this is not a thread about which oil is best did you not get?

Start your own best oil thread:tongue:

Hey guys this was not a thread about which oil is best!!
It's for people who use Mobil 1 and want to get it a great price:wink:

HAHA Im gonna stock up...hopefully they have the promo in CO. :confused:

Thanks for the heads up. :biggrin:

Thanks Les, though, the debate is inevitable.

Are they the Mobil One or Mobil One Extended, I recommend the Mobil One Extended. As long as you change your oil religiously, you can even use non synthetic and it can be safe.

This oil thing is killing me lol. I thought I was using the best stuff for the price ( royal purple)

Thanks Les, though, the debate is inevitable.

Are they the Mobil One or Mobil One Extended, I recommend the Mobil One Extended. As long as you change your oil religiously, you can even use non synthetic and it can be safe.

I love ur avatar.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 163757_1633860884751_1183536825_31488469_2965628_n.jpg
    163757_1633860884751_1183536825_31488469_2965628_n.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 254
Ahh Les, you should have told me. Costco had a $9 off coupon per case, dropping the price to $4.38 a quart about a week ago. I think it's expired now... :frown:

Freakin Bat and Pony lol....you guys kills me....

So yeah this thread was about which oil is the best right? :tongue:

this is helpful bc i don't think i've ever seen a discussion on prime about which oil is best:wink:.

Pep Boys has Mobil 1 at $5.00 a quart while supplies last:eek:. I just picked up 24 quarts:biggrin:

This is not a thread about which oil is best[/QU

:eek:untill when? ill be there tom...:smile: ill load up my truck :cool:

this is helpful bc i don't think i've ever seen a discussion on prime about which oil is best:wink:.

Thats cause no one started a thread on castrol edge haha. Best stuff ever. I use to use mobil 1 till i heard it use to be full sny then they went 50/50 cause they were same price as others but others werent full syn so mobil figured why sell full syn for same price as other companies that sell 50/50 so mobil full syn isnt really full syn. I switched to black "european" castrol since it was suppose to be a true syn, but have upgraded to edge.

...... I think my cars faster les cause my oil is better :p

Last edited:
...... I think my cars faster les cause my oil is better :p

You think your car is faster but I know my is:biggrin:

BTW Naming your car SuperSonic does not make it any faster either.

Last edited:
Back