• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moment of truth, which NSX would you choose?

My choice is subjective. I don't like black. Had a black car once, while it was good looking, never again. Too hot in the summer, to easy to get dirty, etc etc. So I will always get anything but black.

LOL exactly. i had a ride in a 96 civic black/black. it was like OMFG. my ass was just getting burned while i was in it with the coolest lvl A/C.

my previous 2000 prelude. also black/black. toooooo hot!!!!!!! after i repainted it into another color, it feels much better.

get white one. black is too hot. crazy in summer.

coming from someone who owns 2 red sport cars, which red is the common choice:

White nsx looks a lot meaner (flater and lowered to the ground) in the rear view mirror than the red, for no reason.

If you don't like the camel color, you can swap the interior color for a lot cheaper than repainting a red car.

Red cars are very easy to maintain and do hide the dirt or dirty water marks; far better than a white car.

How far would you lowball, if the prices are around $60K? I always wonder what is a good lowball starting price when negotiating vs pissing off the guy totally. With the poor economy, you wonder how low you can go especially given inflated asking prices on Autotrader, etc.
First off, I have a black NSX (which looks FABULOUS when clean and perfect light but is a pain in the butt (swirl marks, dust)) and a white 300ZX-TT (which is easier to take care of and I think all the ducts show MUCH better).

But you said they were equal in desire...so I am not in that debate.

Last edited:
But you said they were equal in desire...so I am not in that debate.
Low Ball...this is an art! 1st off, the seller is probably passionate about his "baby"...and ANY negative comments are usually not taken lightly. In theory, the seller believes he has taken all the blemishes/weakneses/etc... into account and pointing them out does not help.

I say things like (after a thorough inspection)..."you have a BEAUTIFUL car, probably better than I can afford...since I can only offer you cash XX% of your asking price...so I'll continue to save my money until I have enough cash to meet your price or until I adjust my expectation down to what I can afford."

That sounds like a nice strategy, but with the NSX or other rare car you have to kind of know whether or not you are going to buy before seeing it. I say this because with limited availability, most of us have to fly or have a long drive to see the car. If it meets expectations, you have to be ready to buy. Negotiating after you spent time/effort to see it becomes difficult. Isn't it advantageous to pre-negotiate (barring a glaring defect seen on-site that could adjust your cost)?

That sounds like a nice strategy, but with the NSX or other rare car you have to kind of know whether or not you are going to buy before seeing it. I say this because with limited availability, most of us have to fly or have a long drive to see the car. If it meets expectations, you have to be ready to buy. Negotiating after you spent time/effort to see it becomes difficult. Isn't it advantageous to pre-negotiate (barring a glaring defect seen on-site that could adjust your cost)?

Agreed...for my NSX, I flew 1200 miles, found a "decent-sized" unpublicized flaw, paid asking price anyway and drove 18 hours home...

But this is my basic strategy...and that's my story.

If you like Red its the one to get.

I'm not a red fan though so I would get the White and hope to someday have the $$ change the interior. Though that could hurt the resell value.

Maybe he's going to buy one of each :D

I wish :D

The 2002 GPW and 2005 NFR are in mint condition, I would of been happy with either one...but...I test drove 2 certified NSXs (2 different 05s) and the E92 M3 and while they offer different driving experiences, I could not ignore how much better the M3 drives in all aspects...that's my opinion, no flames please :)

It came down to, do I want to drive something unique/different? The test drive was the final deciding factor.

I got a new almost loaded M3 with 1.9% financing for about the same cost as the newer NSXs I was looking at. Who knows, one day I may get the NSX for a second car. I still appreciate it.

I do want to thank all you members/owners. You all are a class act who is not only passionate about your cars but is willing to help someone on the fence like me :) thanks again!

those are both killer deals! and a very tough choice, if the white had a black interior the choice would be very easy, but since its not its a pretty hard choice, personaly i would probably go with the red *probably*

$60k for a white/tan 02 with 8k miles
VS
$55k for a white/black 98 with 33k miles(just posted on here)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ok, somebodys white one is overpriced, or somebodys is underpriced:tongue:

The 2002 GPW and 2005 NFR are in mint condition, I would of been happy with either one...but...I test drove 2 certified NSXs (2 different 05s) and the E92 M3 and while they offer different driving experiences, I could not ignore how much better the M3 drives in all aspects...that's my opinion, no flames please :)

It came down to, do I want to drive something unique/different? The test drive was the final deciding factor.

I got a new almost loaded M3 with 1.9% financing for about the same cost as the newer NSXs I was looking at. Who knows, one day I may get the NSX for a second car. I still appreciate it.

I do want to thank all you members/owners. You all are a class act who is not only passionate about your cars but is willing to help someone on the fence like me :) thanks again!

OK...so when did the 3rd option enter the picture?

Wow, I am surprised that you went with a Bimmer...well you were on the right track but got derailed.:tongue:

Unless you have to have the 02 gpw, go with the 05. Its 3 years newer and will hold its value so much better mainly because it was the last year produced.

Wow, I am surprised that you went with a Bimmer...well you were on the right track but got derailed.:tongue:

Big_D, I test drove both cars multiple times and that was the deciding factor. There were other options but these two bubbled to the top and sadly I can only have one or the other :frown:

Big_D, I test drove both cars multiple times and that was the deciding factor. There were other options but these two bubbled to the top and sadly I can only have one or the other :frown:

Sounds like you got what you were looking for. Thats good. :smile:

It's just that most people that REALLY want an NSX know that there are many other cars out there that are more powerful and have more amenities. The thing that drives us to purchase one is its exclusivity, and the captivating style that no other car possesses.

FWIW, Once your factory warranty expires, I recommend that you get out of the BMW due to high maintenence costs. I have several friends that have them and that advice is strictly adhered to with them.

How could anyone seriously be cross shopping a mid engine two seat sportcar and a 4 seat sport coupe?:confused:

Back