• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Monterey Lunch & Drive is ON! (May 3)

Monterey Lunch & Drive (May 3) Postponed

<b>Update as of 5/1/03</b>
The Pebble Beach lunch & drive in Monterey has been postponed due to inclement weather. The forecast is for rain well into Saturday. We'll hold this event on the next available sunny weekend (hopefully the following weekend).

We'll meet at our normal meeting place at the Macaroni Grill in Milpitas (McCarthly Marketplace). Info and directions on the NSXCA Northwest website at www.northwest.nsxca.org.

Last edited:
Rain forecast this weekend for both San Jose & Monterey - unfortunate timing. This might (literally!) put a damper on it.

Rain date: May 10 (original lunch on 3rd in Milpitas)

If it does rain, we'll have it on May 10th. We'll meet in Milpitas on the 3rd and treat the Monterey lunch & drive as a separate event pending weather. Nothing wrong with having two club lunches back to back. :D

On a related note, I just joined the SJ Country Club (no, I don't golf, just the SO), so we can have a meet for lunch at the club and then do a Mt. Hamilton drive - since the club is at the entrance to the Mt. Hamilton run. If there's interest, I'll be happy to make arrangements.

I remember laughing at Jonathan last year in the fall when he mentioned putting away his NSX for the rainy season - I told him this wasn't Oregon & that it didn't rain here! Man, am I choking on my words right now - tired of this, ready for some sunshine!

I really hope it doesnt rain on Saturday...hopefully these forecasts change for the better...but Sunday looks nice, how bout a drive to Monterey on Sunday?

Like the new avatar #9!

super.gif

Wish I could be there with you all but I'm in Ontario (Southern California) and won't return until the week after the drive. But, if the drive is cancelled because of weather :) , I won't be sad because that will give me the opportunity to join you the next week (10 May).

The 10th of May will also be a special day for me as it will be my first anniversary (with my NSX :D ) and I want to drive some where special with her. I might even treat her to an oil change!

congrats! april 27 was my first anniversary but it rained so i couldn't really take her out....but i did take her out today since it's sunny today.....we celebrated in high spirits as we listened to the sweet sound of 8000RPM (not you...Mr. 8000RPM) :D

and i also gave her an anniversary present...a new license plate

"KOOSOKU" any guesses?

Litesokneecough said:
I did a search on the Internet and I think it means something about "Highway". Am I close?:confused:

you're close, but not on the dot.....anymore guesses out there?
i'll give a few more chances before i post......i could just see the curiousity building out there....

Originally posted by Blue Knight:
I also gave her an anniversary present...a new license plate

"KOOSOKU" any guesses?

Japanese for Freeway, but also "Grande Vitesse" or "high speed" - perhaps more appropriate?

alright, the time has come to unravel the mystery....

my friend's first guess was also "cool so cool"...something i didn't think about but....it's not it.

D'ecosse....ur right on the dot with your many shots....

when i gave serious thought about a nice plate....i came to certain conclusions..i didn't want words that described the physical appearance of the car such as "blue" or "nsx"

i wanted something that represented the quality of the NSX...

therefore, being a japanese minor in college, i thought i go with a japanese term

"KOOSOKU" indeed is the translation for "High Speed" in Jpn.

D'ecosse has won the grand prize of a pat on the back......and a surprise gift that i'll bring him next time i go to the meet.

Ooooh, I love surprises - Can't wait - see you Saturday?
(think the rain is going to nix the drive, but that's cool - means we can go next week!

After you know what it means, it is quite fitting - I like the subtlety of it too. Great, original choice.
Maybe you should change your Prime SN to it too?

thanks for the heads up......

i probably won't make this sat's luncheon....my bday and one year wedding anniversary!!

but i'll definitely be there next month!

i hope the anticipation for your surprise grows by the day....haa..
j/k :D

i'm going to pick up your gift in SF....saw it last time but didn't get it...i'm going to pick up two copies....yes, it's a surprise video!!

8000RPM said:
The one with you starring in it?!? :D

no way.....u saw that one? (hint: commercial)

or r u just joking? i don't even have that one.

nope...it's a professional one.....

Great plate

Wonderful plate idea, Noah. Very nice!

Chip

Thanks, Chip. I figure I start my NSX mod somewhere......and I hope this will trigger my list of mods to come for this summer.

Back